x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Reaching 3 plate bench

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Reaching 3 plate bench within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: How long does it take on average for a person to hit a 3 plate bench? I'm 17, started lifting in January with a bench of 165, I weighed 175 at the time. I'm currently 152 pounds, reached a 2 plate bench around March or April, and as of now can bench 265 as my 1 rep max or 215 x 5. I recently fixed my form, so pressing triples for 225 has become easier. I'm not very tall, 5'7, so benching has been my favorite lift of the big 3 compound movements.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Reaching 3 plate bench

How long does it take on average for a person to hit a 3 plate bench? I'm 17, started lifting in January with a bench of 165, I weighed 175 at the time. I'm currently 152 pounds, reached a 2 plate bench around March or April, and as of now can bench 265 as my 1 rep max or 215 x 5. I recently fixed my form, so pressing triples for 225 has become easier. I'm not very tall, 5'7, so benching has been my favorite lift of the big 3 compound movements.

Re: Reaching 3 plate bench

It's hard to answer that question, since genetics, diet, training, limb length etc. all factor in here. I can tell you progress gets slower the higher your max gets. For me it took about 1 and a half years to hit 3 plates, but that was lifting 6 days per week, spending a lot of time trying to perfect powerlifting form, and have a large rib cage giving me a mechanical advantage.

agree with PON.. no one can answer that

some guys never get there. it depends on too many factors

when i bulked up in my late 20's and gained a lot of mass i was able to hit it and then over the years i was able to get up to the 420's with the help of PED's.

my advice is build consistency at a lower weight and DO NOT use steroids until you are much older. it isn't so much about how much you can bench, it is your form.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

3 plates is still a mark in the sand. The gym I use is old school and it's still only 10% of us that use 3 or more on bench (I do).
    Last edited by SteveMobsterG; 08-Aug-2019 at 01:09 PM.

All Natural

Quote Quote posted by LawAbider56 View Post
    How long does it take on average for a person to hit a 3 plate bench? I'm 17, started lifting in January with a bench of 165, I weighed 175 at the time. I'm currently 152 pounds, reached a 2 plate bench around March or April, and as of now can bench 265 as my 1 rep max or 215 x 5. I recently fixed my form, so pressing triples for 225 has become easier. I'm not very tall, 5'7, so benching has been my favorite lift of the big 3 compound movements.
    At 17 years old , you have a natural gift . Thatís incredibly strong for your age . Donít rush , use proper form and gains will come naturally. Remember, any injury could set you back years , so steady and slow will win the race .
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming he's not cheating like a mofo and having a buddy say 'it's all you bro' when it's not lol

Not everyone can achieve the goal you're asking about. Depends on a lot of things.

Everyone is different. A lot of it has to do with training style. A lot of guys will never get there because they do foo foo shit and dont lift heavy or intensely enough. 95% of the people in the gym get a pump and leave. I've always had to work my ass off to progress, so I only know how to work hard. I hit 3 plate bench completely natural, where I know guys that have been on shit for years and still havent hit it. Now at 45 and a little PED help I can hit a 4 plate bench (barely) at a bodyweight of 195. Over twice bodyweight at my age, I'll take.

Moral of story is work your ass off for what you want, and you'll get it.
    PM me for help with your cycle, PCT, and discounts from forum sponsors

Click here for the Best Supplements from N2BM

Quote Quote posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Everyone is different. A lot of it has to do with training style. A lot of guys will never get there because they do foo foo shit and dont lift heavy or intensely enough. 95% of the people in the gym get a pump and leave. I've always had to work my ass off to progress, so I only know how to work hard. I hit 3 plate bench completely natural, where I know guys that have been on shit for years and still havent hit it. Now at 45 and a little PED help I can hit a 4 plate bench (barely) at a bodyweight of 195. Over twice bodyweight at my age, I'll take.

Moral of story is work your ass off for what you want, and you'll get it.
    Nice.

Pick a program and stick with it. I bench pressed 170lbs touch and go at 155 bodyweight when I started training. About 7 years later I bench pressed 475lbs on a 217 weigh in. I benched 520 in the gym at a heavier weight. Westside conjugated force training worked well for me. I did it for almost a decade with great success. Iíve recently started lifting weights again 9 months ago after about 8 years of doing very little. I benched 230 touch and go and it was slow 9 months ago. Within 5 months I benched 345 paused. The training is critical. Volume has to increase in assistance work over time. For me incline press 3 and 6 rep maxes and floor press 1 and 3 rep maxes are great indicators of what I will be able to bench press. Increases in those lifts translate into major gains in the flat bench press. Any thickening of the upper back is key to benching big. It will help with stability and reduce the stroke

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness