Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reaching 3 plate bench

LawAbider56

[FONT=&quot]How long does it take on average for a person to hit a 3 plate bench? I'm 17, started lifting in January with a bench of 165, I weighed 175 at the time. I'm currently 152 pounds, reached a 2 plate bench around March or April, and as of now can bench 265 as my 1 rep max or 215 x 5. I recently fixed my form, so pressing triples for 225 has become easier. I'm not very tall, 5'7, so benching has been my favorite lift of the big 3 compound movements.[/FONT]

It's hard to answer that question, since genetics, diet, training, limb length etc. all factor in here. I can tell you progress gets slower the higher your max gets. For me it took about 1 and a half years to hit 3 plates, but that was lifting 6 days per week, spending a lot of time trying to perfect powerlifting form, and have a large rib cage giving me a mechanical advantage.

agree with PON.. no one can answer that

some guys never get there. it depends on too many factors

when i bulked up in my late 20's and gained a lot of mass i was able to hit it and then over the years i was able to get up to the 420's with the help of PED's.

my advice is build consistency at a lower weight and DO NOT use steroids until you are much older. it isn't so much about how much you can bench, it is your form.

[FONT=&quot]How long does it take on average for a person to hit a 3 plate bench? I'm 17, started lifting in January with a bench of 165, I weighed 175 at the time. I'm currently 152 pounds, reached a 2 plate bench around March or April, and as of now can bench 265 as my 1 rep max or 215 x 5. I recently fixed my form, so pressing triples for 225 has become easier. I'm not very tall, 5'7, so benching has been my favorite lift of the big 3 compound movements.[/FONT]

At 17 years old , you have a natural gift . That’s incredibly strong for your age . Don’t rush , use proper form and gains will come naturally. Remember, any injury could set you back years , so steady and slow will win the race .
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is different. A lot of it has to do with training style. A lot of guys will never get there because they do foo foo shit and dont lift heavy or intensely enough. 95% of the people in the gym get a pump and leave. I've always had to work my ass off to progress, so I only know how to work hard. I hit 3 plate bench completely natural, where I know guys that have been on shit for years and still havent hit it. Now at 45 and a little PED help I can hit a 4 plate bench (barely) at a bodyweight of 195. Over twice bodyweight at my age, I'll take.

Moral of story is work your ass off for what you want, and you'll get it.

Everyone is different. A lot of it has to do with training style. A lot of guys will never get there because they do foo foo shit and dont lift heavy or intensely enough. 95% of the people in the gym get a pump and leave. I've always had to work my ass off to progress, so I only know how to work hard. I hit 3 plate bench completely natural, where I know guys that have been on shit for years and still havent hit it. Now at 45 and a little PED help I can hit a 4 plate bench (barely) at a bodyweight of 195. Over twice bodyweight at my age, I'll take.

Moral of story is work your ass off for what you want, and you'll get it.

Nice.

Pick a program and stick with it. I bench pressed 170lbs touch and go at 155 bodyweight when I started training. About 7 years later I bench pressed 475lbs on a 217 weigh in. I benched 520 in the gym at a heavier weight. Westside conjugated force training worked well for me. I did it for almost a decade with great success. I’ve recently started lifting weights again 9 months ago after about 8 years of doing very little. I benched 230 touch and go and it was slow 9 months ago. Within 5 months I benched 345 paused. The training is critical. Volume has to increase in assistance work over time. For me incline press 3 and 6 rep maxes and floor press 1 and 3 rep maxes are great indicators of what I will be able to bench press. Increases in those lifts translate into major gains in the flat bench press. Any thickening of the upper back is key to benching big. It will help with stability and reduce the stroke

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Top Bottom