Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Raw Strength Log

miked8c

Some of you may have seen me floating around the board during the past few weeks, I used to have a log up a few months ago, but then I let it fall off for certain reasons.

I had to do a month long boot camp that ended last week during which I inevitably lost weight and strength, I went from 194 to 179. I started back up with weights during this past week with the goal of finding some rep maxes so that I could set up a 531. Here are some stats and background before I go any further:

BW: 182
He: 5'8

Squat 335x5
OHP 155x6
Bench 250x7
Pull Up +25lbs.x14
Deadlift 405x7

Diet (in college, a little restricted, but consistent)

Meal 1 5 hard boiled eggs w/ bowl of fruit
Meal 2 Chobani Greek Yogurt + mixed nuts 2 handfuls
Meal 3 Pork roast or some other meat + veggies
Meal 4 Protein bar + apple
**Workout**
Meal 5 PWO Shake (syntha 6)
Meal 6 Meat, mashed potatoes, veggie mixed greens
Meal 7 Hummus+pita chips or protein shake w/ milk

Cardio on Wed. mornings and Sun. afternoons, possibly on Fri. also after squatting. I do intervals with anything from 400m to 1200m, these cardio sessions are nonnegotiable in my training. I need to maintain a certain level of fitness for the Navy.

Supplements: Protein and starting Xtend next week.

Goals: Get stronger while minimizing weight gain, definitely not afraid to up the calories as long as I know I am hitting the weights hard. However I will not eat any junk in order to bulk up.

Here is my routine as of right now(please critique):

Monday

Bench 5x5 ramp to 5RM
OHP Boring But Big 5x10(55%)
DB Chest Press 3x8
DB Skull Crushers 3x8
DB Dlyes 3x8-12

For my bench I'm only doing 5x5 till I stall, just to milk some newbie gains, I'll go up 5lbs. a week then I'll switch to the tried and true(for me) waterbury 10x3 program. Adding 5lbs. per week for OHP. will make it 2.5/week once 5 becomes too much.

Tuesday
Deadlift 531
Squat BBB 5x10 (55%)
SLDL 3x8
Incline Sit ups 3x15 w/plate

Wednesday (might drop this day)
Weighted Pull Ups
BB Row
Kroc Row
Bi's

Thursday
OHP 531
Close Grip Bench BBB 5x10
DB Shoulder Press
Weighted Dips
Push Ups

Friday
Squat 531
Front Squat 5x10 (lightish weight)
Good Mornings
Core work

Saturday
Weighted Pull Ups
Rowing movements
Bis

Sunday
cardio

So on paper this looks like a lot, especially going six days in a row, its just really tough for me to stay out of the gym. I did it last semester and it worked out.

Things to remember:
I don't drink
I can up my calories if needed
I get my 8 hours (ZMA style)
I love smoking my back, hence the DL day folled by the back workout.
I programmed it so that every group has ample recovery, except back.

phew! So give me some opinions, for some reason I just don't feel too crazy about this program.

9/6

OHP
70x5
85x5
100x3
115x5
130x5
145x8
115x10

Bench Press
225x8
225x6
205x6
185x6

OH DB press
50x9
40x10
35x10

Honestly this weight makes me feel like a sissy. No offense to anyone reading this who lifts these numbers, its just that relative to where I was this workout just made me remember how much weaker I have gotten. I am without a doubt in the best shape I have been in in my life, but I'm also weak as a kitten.

I guess I need to remember that weight can humble you just as much as it can motivate you. Squats tomorrow, got to kill it.

Those strength gains will come back quick! I was wondering where ya went.

I like your workout plan bro. I really like the bench press 5x5 till stall out then 10x3. That works so well for me in just about everything.
Gonna put this in the log section bro. Give it some time and then if you want I will move it back for you.
Nice plan bro.
BTW are you cycling during this or off?

No cycle during this

9/8

Weighted Pull Ups
45x9
45x5
35x5
35x5
30x5
25x5

Burn out with body weight sets following this

Barbell Rows
155x8
145x8
135x8

Really focusing on form, plus the pull ups gassed me.

Strict DB Rows
75x8
65x10
65x8
55x8

Core work

K, was just wondering.
THats a pretty ambitious workout for not cycling but Im sure you know whats up by the looks of you.:evil:

9/10

Bench Press 10x3 (70s rest)
250x10x3

Felt good, last rep was solid and a grind, hopefully to make quick gains back up to 275 on these.

OHP 5x10
100x3x10
95x3x10

Because of the increased volume and intensity on the benching I couldn't complete all 5 sets at the same weight, the last rep of the last set was horrible.

DB Skull Crushers
35x8
30x8
25x12

DB Flyes
45x12
40x11
40x12

The bench is what counts in this workout. Hopefully when I hop on Xtend next week it will help me give more in my assistance work.

Its one of those BCCA intra workout +electrolyte blends. Pretty effective, and by effective I simply mean I can notice when I am using it during a workout. Cost effective too.

Top Bottom