Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Raising metabolism and cardio?

Rockaho

I have been dieting since February and have lost 30lbs. I now weigh about 180 and I'm 6'0". My bf% is about 16%. I lost the first 15 lbs just by eating clean and the second 15 on the low carb diet. I have just joined a health club and I'm looking for a good routine to burn fat and increase my metabolisim which I have slowed with dieting. Should I lift hard one day and do cardio the next? Circuit train and follow it with cardio every day? Or somthing else? Any suggestions would be a big help, I want to maximize my time spent in the gym without burning muscle. When I get to my desired bf% I plan to start bulking and monitor my bf% until I get to 10% bf again and then cut back down to 6 or 7% and continue this cycle. Is this a decent plan? Again any and all suggestions are welcome.:cool:

You've got the diet down which is good. I believe diet is even more important than the actual exercise when it comes to losing or gaining weight.

When I'm cutting and trying to lose bodyfat I do cardio first thing in the morning for an hour 6 days a week on an empty stomach while my glycogen levels are low from fasting all night. In the evening I do weight training.

If you don't like working out twice a day, just begin your workout with weight training and do the cardio afterwards. Try training each bodypart once a week. Eat plenty of protien!

Top Bottom