Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"It's mostly CNS." --->What does that mean?

From the article above and my other reading on similiar subject I would theorize that that whole point of speed training as per WSB techniques is to improve the firing rates of the Motor Unit (ie. cause the neuron to fire multiple branches to activite mutiple muscle fibers)

The speed sets the WBS do are very light 50-60% of 1RM

you could not do 45 sec rest periods between sets of >85% of your max :) Anything over 85% of your 1RM is purely due to rate coding (CNS) factors and not due to extra fiber recruitment, so if one was to do multiple sets at the same weight, you ahve to rest at least 4 mins.

I have found out this first hand with my current Smolov squat program do 10 sets of 3 reps at 85% of 1RM, and this week 85%+20lbs!
Try it, if you rest 3mins or less, I doubt you'd make it to the end without failing :)

I found that if i rested 6mins, I lost no strnegth what so ever

I completely agree CoolColJ,

In fact I stumbled on that by mistake, a rouinte I was working on was similar to what you described which was 85%-90% for 3 sets of the same weight. I was normally resting about 2 minutes, one day I was engaging ion conversation during the workout (I normally dont bullshit when I workout) and it turned out I was taking 5 minutes between sets, I was losing little to no strength. I got myself a watch now and I wait the 4 minutes bewteen sets it makes all the difference for me......key word being "me"

Peace,
Nat Mike

here's an addendum you might find interesting - some years ago, Scientific American ran an article on post-polio syndrome.

Seems that in folks who recovered from the paralysis after polio, what happened was that the remaining healthy motor neurons grew larger (something that had not been known previously), to replace those that had been killed off by the disease.

This worked for about 20 years, and then for some reason these larger neurons got "exhausted" and started to die off, leading to the gradual return of the paralysis, so-called "post-polio syndrome".

So I guess if you stimulate your motor neurons a lot, they get bigger.....

Top Bottom