Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Favorite Hot Spot"

sh4dowf4lcon

For fishing or camping or hunting whatever you do.

If you have a week off from work what "Hot Spot" are you going to? Post a link if you have one!

Personally, I have always wanted to do an Alaskan fishing trip, but I haven't done that yet. Out of all the places I enjoy, I have to say White River in Mountain Home, Arkansas is my favorite Trophy Trout Fishing Hot Spot. it is in the Bull Shoals, AR area. A dammed river that now serves as Bull Shoals Lake. The tailwaters of the lake provide some of the best opportunities to catch trophy fish. Mostly trout several breeds: Rainbow, German Brown, Cut Throat and Brook trout. Most predominant trout in these waters is the German Brown. You fish with Fly Fishing rigs or light tackle, and it is a blast to pop a 10lb brown on 4lb test!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.whiteriver.net/

Well lets see.

By my home theres the Wallowa Mountains of NE Oregon, high peaks that look like the swiss alps with many high valleys and clear lakes. You can hike up in there in late july/august, and have a hell of a time catching eatern brook's out of the lakes, and hiking around the area to see more peaks and great vistas. Nearby is also the Hells Canyon NRA with more hunting, packing, fishing, boating.

In Alaska theres a place called Yakutat that has an airport and a couple lodges. One is right by the airport. Its right next to the Hubbard glacier. In august you can get great catches of Halibut, Cod, and Silvers. If you can afford it you can hunt all the main game, Glacier bears, Brown bears, moose, etc.

Mordy do they have outfitters in the Wallowa Mountains in Oregon? You know, guides and so forth? One of these days I am going to treat myself and take an Alaskan adventure. That spot you described, Yakutat, sounds like a good spot. I have had several friends show me some awesome pics from their trips to Alaska.

Sh4dowF4lcon said:
Mordy do they have outfitters in the Wallowa Mountains in Oregon? You know, guides and so forth? One of these days I am going to treat myself and take an Alaskan adventure. That spot you described, Yakutat, sounds like a good spot. I have had several friends show me some awesome pics from their trips to Alaska.
There are. Eagle Creek Outfitters is one of the bigger ones if i remember correctly.

Top Bottom