Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"deadlift" pissed pissed pissed pissed

muscledog95

Ok.....today i did dead lift. I did 225lb easy 2 sets of 5. Then jumped to 245lb. My back easly did this weight *BUT* my damn grip kept giving out at f#cking 3 reps. The weight was so light for my body but my grip just kept giving out at 3. Granted the bar was slick and little wet..but still...i have a pussy grip...agggg

get some chalk and work the grip muscledog. I really don't want to suggest strps since with a little work you can get it easily

ive been doing farmer walks man.......its so freakin frustrating. The weight isnt even close to what the rest of my body can handle...but that grip is just killing me. Guess ill keep at the farmer walks

grip strength improves fast, I suggest static holds, farmer walk for time or distance. it is frustrating but in time the benfits will be so much better

Get the Rolling Thunder from Ironmind. It has aided my DL grip the most of any grip tool out there. The farmers will not have a good carryover to the deadlift due to the time difference. A DL will take you 3-5 seconds while most farmers will be atleast a minute.

I would use straps and train your grip, like everyone suggested, but why would you not train your deadlift to your full potential just because of a grip problem.

Parabellum said:
I would use straps and train your grip, like everyone suggested, but why would you not train your deadlift to your full potential just because of a grip problem.

Im with parabellum on this. Use straps. Chalk is great too, but unnecessary in my opinion. Your not competing, but trying to develop strength and size Im assuming. I believe with straps and even without any real seperate grip training, your grip will improve. Ive used straps for years on heavy back training. My grip got stronger just from using them. Cuz even with straps your still squeezing the shit out of the bar. My grip strength with chalk is now over 700lbs, using a mixed grip. I still have skinny forearms, but my grip has gotten MUCH stronger. And I havent really trained grip much aside from lots of deadlifts, shrugs (with straps) and occasionally those grippers.Dont sacrifice back size and strength because of a weak link. Itll get stronger. Just my experience

Lord_Suston said:
get some chalk and work the grip muscledog. I really don't want to suggest strps since with a little work you can get it easily

i would work your grip with some barbell holds or dumbbell holds. also, squeeze the bar on everything you do which helps your grip as well. also, do some rack deadlifts w/straps...those have always helped my grip out. chalk will help to since the bar was wet. tb

Top Bottom