Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Advanced" training techniques :)

First of all.....LOL, at the first vid.....doing that on a lifting platform is grounds for being violently clotheslined mid-exercise.

And the second vid.....most of it looks like 'anal sex prep'.....some of the stuff was legit, like db snatches, but damn, do them faster and with some real weight.....and lol at the "Turkish get-up " where he put his hand on the ground to get up, kind of defeats the purpose. And those cable swing things don't deserve to be commented on, lol.

Good stuff......

I'm no expert but I know for sure pelvic thrusts at push-up position will not make me strong.
Why do they call that exercise "Turkish get-ups"? Does anyone know?

Apparently the turkish like to get up while holding heavy things.

It gets better, look for part 2 of the advanced anal sex techniques.

The problem with the world I think is crossfit. The result is men built like marathon runners trying to perform snatches for 100 reps while quoting real oly coaches.

The guy in the first vid's last name is Weiner.

Turkish getups and one arm snatching and pressing are really good exercises actually........the pelvic thrusting and cable crap look like something right along the lines of the Bosu ball.

Turkish getups are great. Try doing them with a barbell. Loads of fun and can make for some good post training competition.

I once tried a one arm snatch with a 88lbs kettlebell tho.. IMO, not a good idea

BiggT said:
Turkish getups and one arm snatching and pressing are really good exercises actually........the pelvic thrusting and cable crap look like something right along the lines of the Bosu ball.

super_rice said:
Apparently the turkish like to get up while holding heavy things.

It gets better, look for part 2 of the advanced anal sex techniques.

The problem with the world I think is crossfit. The result is men built like marathon runners trying to perform snatches for 100 reps while quoting real oly coaches.

SR, in all seriousness, you're absolutely right. People, who don't understand the olympic lifts, why they work, how they work, and what they truly are, try to market 'functional training' by overcomplicating it unecessarily, and the result is 100 rep cable snatches on a Swiss Ball, done by a guy with about 0% muscular bodyweight.

Top Bottom