Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quiet Storm; The Rebirth of KB - My recovery journal

KillahBee

Background: inured my back in March, '05 while doing squats (warm up sets). Was first diagnosed as a muscle pull. Then got an MRI and it turned out I had an extruding disc. Had major nerve issues down the back of both legs. The next year or so consisted of 3 epidural injections and some intense PT. Strength improved, some flexibility improved minimally and I slowly was able to walk quickly on the treadmill without many issues. But I eventually plateau'd and for the last 2-4 months it has been bad. Can't sit comfortably, walk comfortably, stand comfortably or do any physical activity. Around 4pm at the end of the work day, I can hardly stand straight when getting up from my chair. I haven't trained (weights or cardio-based exercises) in over 18 months. Very mentally tough on me.

Current status: worked with my current doctor (who I really like) and decided to see a surgeon (NYC, Hospital for Special Surgery). Got 3 opinions, which were all the same - either you keep living with the way you are now or get surgery. After really meshing well with one of the surgeons, I decided to go for it. Got another MRI and an EMG to give the doc a better picture of where I am at right now. Scheduled the surgery for Sept 22. Had my pre-op appt today, where I elarned a lot about the surgery (before, during and after), was fitted for a back brace, found out I have to give myself an enema the night before the surgery :worried: and spoke with the doc. Apparently my disc is bulging severely on the right side as well, even though I haven't had ANY problems with that leg since the first epidural. He is going to give me a microdiscectomy on both sides of my L5 disc. THis should greatly relieve the pressure on my nerves. For more info on the procedure: http://www.spine-health.com/Topics/surg/overview/lumbar/lumb03.html

Future: I want to make this nw journal to track my experience before, during and immediately after the surgery. The surgery is an overnight deal (one stay) and I am out of work for 2 weeks. Within 3-4 weeks I should be able to get to PT and start the long climb back to health.

I am looking at this as another opportunity to challenge myself mentally and physically and an opportunity to wipe the slate clean with my diet and training. I am going to come back stronger, smarter, better, and happier.

This is a very big decision, but it's necessary and it's a great thing. Looking forward to proving myself. :chomp:

New log I see ;)

Best of luck sweetz you know I I want nothing but the best for you! As always you have my support, in your recovery!

No slackin' or I'ma crack my :velvett: on that ass!

:heart:

Reactions: bw1
Top Bottom