Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quiet Storm; The Rebirth of KB - My recovery journal

Scotsman said:
That's awesome KB. Ask her if she can specifically explain why she is against deads. I'd be interested to know what her reasons are.

Also you should try and score with her.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I plan on it. I got into a huge fight with my last PT cause she was so against any movement other than bi curls and could not give me legit logical reasons. This one can have a mature convo though, so I'll see what she says. I've told her that since I started doing deads my back got so much better (I had a bad lower back all my life, which is why I started training a few years back).

Oh, and I brushed her right booby today "by accident" with my mouth

KillahBee said:
I plan on it. I got into a huge fight with my last PT cause she was so against any movement other than bi curls and could not give me legit logical reasons. This one can have a mature convo though, so I'll see what she says. I've told her that since I started doing deads my back got so much better (I had a bad lower back all my life, which is why I started training a few years back).

Oh, and I brushed her right booby today "by accident" with my mouth

Cool, let me know what she says.

Good work, sounds like the old KB may finally be surfacing.

Cheers,
Scotsman

lol at old KB. c'mon man, I'm evolving!

Sat, 10/28:
Most humble day at the gym EVER

20mins, L2.5
5 mins backwards, L2.2

Leg Press:
4 sets, 12 reps each, NO WEIGHT (lmfao)
very humbling, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. felt pretty good. there was a major difference in my two legs - my left hammy is so tight combined with the nerve issues I have had in the back of that leg....it felt very stiff when I extended my leg at the peak of the movement. should go away with the stretching on that leg

Seated DB bi curl:
3 sets, 10 reps each, 15lb DBs (lol)
Felt fine. It felt good to just fucking lift again. I am so goddamn weak, but it'll come back.

Did most of my stretches and strengthening work.

Sat, 11/4:

Okay, just got back from a week-long biz trip, which included flying from JFK-SFO-ATL-JFK. Way too much driving and standing around. Back held up alright, better than before the surgery (on similar trips) but still had some issues.

Got to the gym today, which was REALLY needed:

Treadmill:
25mins, l2.5
5 mins backwards, l2.2

Then did almost all my stretches and core work. Feeling a lot better after all that. There's a major difference when stretching between just going thru the motions and actually holding stretches for 30 seconds and concentrating/relaxing. I feel much better now.

Going to work on a routine for the next couple weeks that involves some semi-structured lifting. Also seeing my PT 2x/week for the next 4 weeks, I think starting Monday.

And just for the record, current routine:

Treadmill - forwards & backwards
Stretches:
Glute stretches (laying on back, knee to chest & laying on back, leg across the body)
Hammy stretches (using a band, w/out band)
Calf stretch against the wall
Butterfly hold/stretch
Some stretch the PT showed me where you sit down and cross one leg onto the other, then lean forward w/ chest out (feels real good)

Strengthening:
Glute crunches (laying down)
BW calf raise (1-leg & both legs)
I wrap a resistance band round a pole and walk forwards & backwards
Pillar bridges (side and front)
Pelvic tilts (laying down and leaning against wall)
Flexion moves (standing up, leaning back & laying on stomach)

Thanks GG! :heart:

Sun, 11/5:

10min treadmill, L2.5
5mins backwards, L2.2

all my strengthening and stretching work

Reading yr log.. I didn't know you had one!

Good job on the training... take it easy.. keep it up! :heart:

Ilk said:
Reading yr log.. I didn't know you had one!

Good job on the training... take it easy.. keep it up! :heart:
yes, this must be my 3rd or 4th over the years here.

thank you sweety :rose:

Mon, 11/6:

First, let me say that it is 10am and I have not even showered for work yet. I travelled all last week and am tired. This is revolutionary - I am actually putting my life and health first and work second (this has been my biggest downfall for a while now). !!!!! YAY!!!!

Okay, worked on a little training split for this week (in addition to my cardio and stretching/core work):
Mon - Leg pr, calf DB raise, calf machine, Stnd DB shrugs
Wed - RC band warm up, pec deck, hammer strength chest press, push ups
Fr - seated DB curls, standing hammer DB curls, forearm BB curls, tri DB extension

Will take it step by step and monitor my progress / body's reaction. Will adjust accordingly.

Today:
Leg press:
0x15
0x15
40x8
40x8
Felt alright. The weight isn't the issue, it's just getting the legs back into activity and stretching those hammies when my legs are extended.

1-legged DB calf raise:
15sx15
15sx15

Seated calf raise machine:
20x20
20x20

Standing DB shrugs:
20sx30
20sx30
The shrugs weren't difficult, I just need to monitor how I feel when picking the DBs up off the rack/floor, etc.

20mins treadmill, L2.5
5 mins backwards, L2.2
Can probably bump the L2.5 up a bit this week

Overall I am feeling good. The endorphine rush I have this morning just from actually being around weights is fantastic. Muscle spasms in the left glute have not been that bad (the glute stretches I am doing may help, and also feel like fucking heaven). One new issue though - not sure what the specific area is called, but the issue is focused on my back, sort of my waistband. Probably the back of the pelvis/hip area. You can feel the exact bone spot on either side of your spine, about 2-3 inches from the spine. Anyway, in that exact spot on my left side I have felt some decently sharp pains / waves of burning. It ha shappened about 3 times in the last week. I know I got these pains before the surgery randomly. I can actually put my finger on that area and feel the painful spot. Only on my left side though and about 2-3inches from my incision area. Will talk to my PT about it tomorrow.

Top Bottom