Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quiet Storm; The Rebirth of KB - My recovery journal

Scotsman said:
LOL, had the same fucking thing happen, gym closed at 9 I though it closed at 9:30.

What's happening in the PT front?

Cheers,
Scotsman

I guess the Friday night traffic isn't that high...

PT appt on the 26th, which I think is Thurs.

Tu, 10/24:

25 mins on treadmill, L2.2. Did 20 mins normal and 5 mins backwards. then all my stretches and strengthening work.

Can't wait to see my PT on thurs. I want to start training again soon!!!!!!!

Thu, 10/26 UPDATE:

Saw my PT today, love that chick. "Look who it is!" she says. Anyway, she ran the typical strength and flexibility tests. She said she was surprised at my strength, would have though I was gonna come in weaker. Very happy about that. My flexibility is generally good, although we had a good laugh at how ridiculously tight my left hammy is. We also got a good laugh at how all my strength was above average except my friggin toe extensions! lol

So, here's what she told me:
- We're meeting 2x/wk for the next 4 weeks
- I should continue with the stretching and core work I have been doing, but focus more on flexion movements (like bending backwards, for example) and always end with these movements
- continue with the treadmill, no incline. may move to eliptical in a few weeks to get the extended ROM going in the trunk/core area
- keep working that goddamn left hammy
- I CAN START TRAINING A LITTLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- start doing some leg press (both legs for now, one-leg presses in a few weeks)
- no leg extensions (boo fuggin hoo)
- some upper body stuff
- she is determined to get me squatting again, but is adamantly against DLs :(
- no hyperextensions or anything of the sort just yet

That's about it. I am still a bit concerned about the muscle spasms I am still having in the left glute, but she said she'll focus on that next time I come in and figure it out.

Now, I am travelling to Cali on Sun, then straight to ATL on Tues til Fri night. So, I will do a little training tomorrow and Sat, then continue with the walking/stretching/core work while on the road. Then when I get back it's fucking GO TIME

KillahBee said:
She said she was surprised at my strength, would have though I was gonna come in weaker.
Looks like that gram of sust per week while you couldn't train really paid off. ;)

Leg presses came up in sarge's epic new routine thread, and a couple people mentioned that they put a lot of stress on the back. I've never done them, and obviously you're not going to be attempting anything excessive, but it's just something to consider (and another incentive to get back to squatting ASAP). BiggT also mentioned seated GMs as a great rehab lift. You might have trouble convincing your PT that it's not a "dangerous powerlifting exercise", but some form of GM might be worth considering once you're able to do hypers.

And, of course, it's great that we're even talking about what sort of lifts you can/should do. Sounds like the PT was worth the wait.

That's awesome KB. Ask her if she can specifically explain why she is against deads. I'd be interested to know what her reasons are.

Also you should try and score with her.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Cynical Simian said:
Looks like that gram of sust per week while you couldn't train really paid off. ;)

Leg presses came up in sarge's epic new routine thread, and a couple people mentioned that they put a lot of stress on the back. I've never done them, and obviously you're not going to be attempting anything excessive, but it's just something to consider (and another incentive to get back to squatting ASAP). BiggT also mentioned seated GMs as a great rehab lift. You might have trouble convincing your PT that it's not a "dangerous powerlifting exercise", but some form of GM might be worth considering once you're able to do hypers.

And, of course, it's great that we're even talking about what sort of lifts you can/should do. Sounds like the PT was worth the wait.

I'll say one thing first - much like the food industry, you can probably find studies done that show why every single conceivable exercise is "bad" for you. It's mindboggling.

Leg press has never hurt my back. And of course I'll be starting real light. I'll be honest, I'm scared to death right now to even think of doing squats again. BUT, all this is far in the future, so for now I'll jsut concentrate on lifting pansy ass weights and shooting dbol into my o-ring. lol

I used to do GMs a lot. A month or so and I will start discussing back movements I can do. Hypers are a definite. Will ask about seated GMs. :)

Top Bottom