Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quiet Storm; The Rebirth of KB - My recovery journal

looks like your coming along killa.....glad to hear everything went well......stay patient and don't get in any hurry getting better!!

anche, italiano imparante si dice buona fortuna :)

Cynical Simian said:
What did you decide to do for your formal PT?

Tried calling my insurance co. today to get a list of local PT peeps (since their online system blows) and they were doing a maintenance!!!!! bastards. so I'm gonna call tomorrow and see if I can get another PT in the mean time. no reason to waste time, although I will be doing PT on my own.

Sat, 10/14:

Felt surprisingly good today. Was pretty sore yesterday from my first full week of work and general movement.

Did 20 mins on treadmill, L2, no incline. Also did the 5 minute cool down.

Then did all my stretches. Note: Did my hamstring stretch with the band (lay down on my back, wrap the band around my foot and lift my leg straight up- your basic hammy stretch). This is the stretch that KILLED me the last year with my left leg. It felt much better today. I need to work on this, though. My left hammy is so damn tight from not being able to stretch it for over a year. Need to work this...slowly.

Also did more of my strengthening movements (foot gas pedal, glute crunches, quad flexes, BW calf raises, walking with resistance band, pelvic tilt).

I feel really good.

One more thing to add:

I still have a bit of the muscle tightness/cramping in my left glute.

The three main issues I had over the last year that were not getting resolved without the surgery:

- Constant nerve issues all the way down my left leg
- Inability to stretch my left hammy or even straighten my left leg out much
- Some constant muscle issues in my left leg. Almost like a pulsating wave of little pain and over feeling of tightness.

The nerve issue seems to be almost 100% gone. I want to wait until I am fully recovered from the residual effects from the surgery before I evaluate this totally.

THe stretching issue seems to be somewhat resolved. Once again, I will re-evaluate this further down the road after I get a chance to stretch my leg daily and improve my ROM.

The muscle issue in the left glute is probably 60-70% better. THis is the one issue I really need my PT for. It may need to be massaged out and probably needs some electro therapy as well, in addition to the stretching.

KillahBee said:
One more thing to add:

I still have a bit of the muscle tightness/cramping in my left glute.

The three main issues I had over the last year that were not getting resolved without the surgery:

- Constant nerve issues all the way down my left leg
- Inability to stretch my left hammy or even straighten my left leg out much
- Some constant muscle issues in my left leg. Almost like a pulsating wave of little pain and over feeling of tightness.

The nerve issue seems to be almost 100% gone. I want to wait until I am fully recovered from the residual effects from the surgery before I evaluate this totally.

THe stretching issue seems to be somewhat resolved. Once again, I will re-evaluate this further down the road after I get a chance to stretch my leg daily and improve my ROM.

The muscle issue in the left glute is probably 60-70% better. THis is the one issue I really need my PT for. It may need to be massaged out and probably needs some electro therapy as well, in addition to the stretching.

Admit it you just wanted that female PT to massage your ass for you. ;)

Improving your range of motion and the nerve issue hopefully being resolved should fix a lot of your problem.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Sun, 10/15:

Did 15 mins on treadmill. All my stretches and strengthening work.

Felt a little tight, probably cause I went out last night.

Tues, 10/17:

20 mins treadmill, level 2.2, no incline

all my stretches and strengthening work

and yes, Scots, I certainly do want her to massage my ass. :qt: she has BOMBS too.

10/20:

15 mins treadmill, L2.2, no incline. would have done longer but the goddamn gym closed at 9, not 10 tonight!!!!!

stretches and core exercises too

KillahBee said:
10/20:

15 mins treadmill, L2.2, no incline. would have done longer but the goddamn gym closed at 9, not 10 tonight!!!!!

stretches and core exercises too

LOL, had the same fucking thing happen, gym closed at 9 I though it closed at 9:30.

What's happening in the PT front?

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom