Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quiet Storm; The Rebirth of KB - My recovery journal

Update:

I took a shower today!! yay!!!! my friggin hair was getting real nasty.

anyway, feeling pretty good. definitely been spending too much time sitting down the last 2 days so I gotts get back to laying and walking to give myself a rest. I'm slowly weening myself off the pain pills (was taking 2 at a time, 3x per day).

Doing my little exercises and have a f/u appt with the doc next Thurs.

Update:

Feeling pretty good. Flexibility / decreased stiffness has improved immensely. Starting to day I am going to do two walks per day. I'm feeling better while walking, but it's still tough, so want to focus on that for this week. I'm completely off the meds and pain is minimal, relatively speaking.

If any of you peeps wants to throw some thoughts my way on a nutritional plan I am working on I'd love to hear em:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509979

al420 said:
Congrats on stopping the pain meds. If ALeve won't do the trick you just gotta bear w/ it. Good job Killa
Thanks, al420. It was something I planned on doing no matter what, unless I was in extreme pain. Those things are not something to be taken lightly.

You guys are right, the pain meds are no joke. Stay focused and while I know your wanting to get back ASAP, try not to do too much. Sometimes it's easy to over do it when your trying to recover. All the same, best of luck and keep up the good work.

BB

KillahBee said:
Thanks, al420. It was something I planned on doing no matter what, unless I was in extreme pain. Those things are not something to be taken lightly.

I'll take any extras you got.

Update:

F/u appt with the surgeon this morning, went well. I am clear to drive and go back to work on Tuesday. This means I will finally have contact with the outside world - and girls - for the first time in 2 weeks. Yay!!! Incision area is still pretty swollen, but looks fine. I'm going to the PT place today to drop off my prescription. Should be 24-48 hours to get insurance clearance. Then I need to do PT 3/week for 4 weeks. Then see the surgeon again. Should be resuming normal activity 6-8 weeks from now.

I just gotta listen to my body and don't push anything. It still hurts to sit for longer than 20 minutes, so I gotta manage that at work.

Phase 1: Complete

Top Bottom