Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

quick quick question power vs strength!!?????

thriller

k i got this sheet from fitness class i had to read and give answers. in the sheet it says for strength you need low low reps heavy weight. but for POWER its 8 to 12 reps.???
im a an idiot or isnt it the other way around???!?!?!

i just want to make sure. :confused:

I always heard everyone say it was the other way around, so maybe we are both idiots or they are wrong? i will opt for the latter right now. Although lower reps 6-8 will achieve both, like 5x5 will get strength and size gains.

Edit: I read it as size/strength. Power is strength no?

Yes...Strength needs to be defined...MANY ways to define strength...

B True

power is the load lifted multiplied by the distance divided by the time it takes to complete the lift

so if some one is powerfull they have the ability to move a weight quicker/farther/heavier than someone else.

strength is pretty much just using force against a maximal load

b fold the truth...there are only a couple different ways to define strength.....but many ways to apply the strength.

to get back to the original question: , the lifts would be sub maximal and you would perform them in an explosive manner not to failure...but still 12 is pretty high

Back in my football days our power workout was 8-12 reps as explosively as you could do them and in the least amount of time for the total set. Our strength days were lower reps done slower and with more rest in between.

Cheers,
Scotsman.

Strength is developed with low reps.

Power can use any type of rep scheme, as long as the speed is fast.
Power= StrengthxSpeed

endpoint said:

b fold the truth...there are only a couple different ways to define strength.....but many ways to apply the strength.

VERY well put...

B True

Top Bottom