Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quick Questions, Quick Anwsers

Legion Kreinak

1) Supposedly cutting is done by reducing your BF to make more muscle show, is this true?

2) If I was to consistently use the same weight for my training routine, once I plateaued on that weight and could no longer make gains, would I at least maintain my muscle mass/strength?

3) What muscles are the driving forces behind
A) Jumping
B) Kicking

4) Are pushups a good workout to train your triceps?

5) What exactly are Skull Crushers?

Thanks!

1. yes, cutting is lowering yoru bodyfat, so therefore also lowering your weight.
2. if you keep using the same weight you will stop progressing much faster, it is possible that you could maintain muscle with the right diet but that is not a good thing to do...train hard.
3. jumping=most muscles in your legs, primarily calves
kicking=abs, upper leg muscles, hip flexors
4. You can do them with your hands closer together to focus more on your triceps.
5. skull crushers are done laying on a bench and you bring the weight down to your forehead(hence the name) pivoting at the elbow, try to keep your elbows in when doing these.

skull crushers is just another name for lying tricep extensions, I'm pretty sure...maybe there is some modification?

The prime movers in a jump are I believe the quads and other upper leg muscles, then secondary maybe calves. Try and just jump with your calves and see how high you get.

Legion...are you asking about the kicks so that you can gain strength or conditioning for a particular sport?

Legion Kreinak said:
And what are hip flexors, and how can I train them?

You can try straight legged situps...sitting backwards on a hyperextension machine, or a glut/ham machine. Or spread eagle situps with someone or something holding your feet down. Better yet is standing ab crunches on a pull down machine.

Greek Freak said:
3. jumping=most muscles in your legs, primarily calves kicking=abs, upper leg muscles, hip flexors

One thing, and Spatts being a sprinter can attest to...is DO NOT neglect your upper body when you are tryin to increase your jumpin ability or running speed. Your rear delts, and arm swing account for 10% of you vertical...try this, see how high you can jump without the arm swing...the compare that to how high you can jump with it. It is the same with foot speed. The speed of your feet is somewhat regulated and balanced by the speed of your arms....if you get your arms moving faster your feet will follow.

Top Bottom