Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

quick question...Karma for quick help

NapoleanComplex

Its been a while since I've posted on this board...I've been busy killing my DC Training program. I love that shit. Anyway...

What are some good exercises for working the Upper Back. I want to thicken my upper back.

I was thinking maybe some T-Bar rows, but I'm at home right now and working out at my parent's gym and they don't have Tbar Row Equipment. Anyone have some ideas or subsitute exercises? I even got bitched out for doing DeadLifts. I don't want to argue and be a dick, as this is only temporary.

rows, str8 bar, dbell and t-bar.........bent over flys.........little on reverse lat pull........shrugs......farmer walks.........uprights......all involve trap..........

not sure about the names of all the back muscles... but I want to increase the size of my rear delts, and the back muscle that runs up to the neck (imbetween the shoulder blades...lower than the traps)

magman1 said:
u can put one end of a barbell in a corner, and row with the other end...great exercise

I was going to suggest the same thing. You can get the same deep stretch in your lats doing this, that you do with a t-bar row machine.

I've found that for back thickness though, heavy deadlifts are almost essential.

BodyByFinaplix said:

I was going to suggest the same thing. You can get the same deep stretch in your lats doing this, that you do with a t-bar row machine.

I've found that for back thickness though, heavy deadlifts are almost essential.

I agree! My waist definately thickened doing them,and traps got thicker as well. My lats still measure the same though as when I was only deadlifting 365, Im at 510 now and no measurement increase. Leads me to believe that lower back and traps get the most recruitment. Atleast in my case. Cant wait to deadlift again though!!

magman1 said:
u can put one end of a barbell in a corner, and row with the other end...great exercise

Just be careful, a lot of gyms frown on doing this, too many holes in the wall from people not doing it right. :(

We finally put a steel plate in the wall for people to use, even though we already have a t-bar row set up. :)

WB, right they seem to help sometimes. Heavy rack pulls seem to give me a deep burn in my lats though once I switched to them after conventional deads didn't affect my lats any more. I've notice that my lower back, traps and hamstrings always burn after a good dead-lift workout. Now I'm just doing them stiff-legged, due to my waistline increasing (same thing you experienced). I've replaced squats with hack squats for the same reason. They seem to be working well. You can make excellent gains with hacks, so long as you push yourself, and coninutally work up the lbs and intensity. I finally worked up to 8 plates a side on mine last week. I've gotten 5 reps, when I hit 8 I add a plate to each side for my heaviest set.

Top Bottom