Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quick question to all you experts out there

noob

As of now, I'm working full time, averaging 9 to 10 hours a day and the only time available I have during the week is after work (to go to the gym). My question is that I'm pooped after work most of the time and was wondering if going to the gym after these days would be counterproductive or should I just leave all my training to the weekends?

Thanks to any replies.

I would still try to do some kind of workout after work. One way to help restore your energy would be to buy a pre-workout drink. There are many to chose from. I would recommend some, but i dont use them...sorry

Hi,

Leave weekends for your two biggest lifting groups. Probably legs on one day and either back or chest on the other. Or do legs saturday and back+chest on sunday. That way you can go to the gym, drink an energy oriented drink before hand, and lift smaller muscle groups. Tues calves, weds arms, thurs shoulders. This way you only have 3 workouts during the week and each one should only take 20-30 minutes.

Good luck!

i always workout after working 9 or 10 hours. Try a cup of coffee or a vivarin.

Morning workouts, if you can muster it.

Either that, or Ultima Replenisher, as featured in Synpax's signature.

Or, tough it out.

do you eat throughout the day?

i work around 8 hours each day doing mostly laborous activity and I make sure I eat a shitload of food throughout the day as well as as a pre-workout shake with carbs/protein.

so how is your diet?

What kind of work do you do?

A buddy of mine works 12's as a Nurse...always on his feet and always under stress. He comes home, relaxes and smiles a bit, then heads to the gym.

The big thing is always relaxing, smiling, and having fun.

B True

I used to work 40-48 hours a week construction, and Id use that time to get as much food in as possible. Id bring a tub of tuna and eat that throughout the day, then when the lunch truck came around Id get some tacos or a whopper off of that, then have a shake or 2 when I got home. When I got home, if I didnt go straight to the gym Id fall asleep on the couch for sure. So Id change or even go to the gym in work clothes and get there immediately. Energy drinks are a very good idea, although they arent what they used to be without the ephedrine. Id shoot for 5 lifting days a week and save your heaviest compound movement days for the weekends when your off. It definately wont be counter productive, I wouldnt worry about that. It would be much worse to skip working out and only train twice a week IMO. Id look at work as an opportunity to get in as many meals as possible, so you have less to eat later. Best of luck and keep at it!!

I also have a tough time working out after work during the week. I am just tired and want to relax. So, I now get up at 5:30 twice a week (Tues and Thurs) to workout. It is sometimes tough, but better than having a shitty workout (or none at all) after work.

I dont mean to sound rude but if your truely committed youll find a way to get productive workouts in, I think everyone here will tell ya weekends arnt enought time to train the whole body so youll have to figure out a way to make it to the gym a minimum of once through the week. Maybe if you have a day or two that are less stressfull through the week you can go on those days.

Top Bottom