Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

questions on frequency of exercise

johnnycalungas

Is it ok to do training every other day covering all muscle groups ?

Monday- Biceps,triceps,abs,chest,shoulders,back,legs
Wed- Biceps,triceps,abs,chest,shoulders,back,legs
Friday-Biceps,triceps,abs,chest,shoulders,back,legs
Sunday-Biceps,triceps,abs,chest,shoulders,back,legs

or is it better if i do it like this
Monday- biceps,triceps,chest,abs
Tuesday- legs,back,shoulders
Thursday- biceps,triceps,chest,abs
Friday- legs,back,shoulders

Your help will be very much appreciated! :D
Thanks

depends on total volume. both would be fine. the first if you do say 2 ex per group wtih 3 sets and the 2nd if your gonna do 3 ex with 3 or 4 sets.

also depends on what your goals are. workout out entire body 3 days a week your routine is going to be almost all compound lifts with minimal assistance lifts. so you wont really be doing a lot of curls etc for your biceps, you'll just get them in with pullups, rows, etc.

I've mostly been an enthusaist, because I could never get a serious routine, and keep it going, so I never really achived much in terms of personal muscle growth, but I had times were I did train pretty consistent. But even though, the science of bodybuilding was and is a big interest to me.
Mentally, I think I want to cling to the "less is more" idea, like what Mentzer and Jones taught. I like that, and it makes sense to me. But, when I look back at the various training ideas I tried, and I did try any new or radical thing I read about, usually, one time really stands out, because I was making large strength gains, and was seeing noticable changes in my physique, and it's the only time strangers would comment on my size. And while, common recommendation would say to either do a full body routine every other day, or on M-W-F, or split it in 2, and do a M-T and T-F, or split it in 3, and do it 6 days, then some proponents like Menzter would say do basically one rep to failure, but do it like once every 4 days, or once a week, emphasizing the need for adaption. But, what I did was totally different, and here is what I did:
A full body routine, of one main exercise per body part, and 1 rep, 1 set.
An example, say for curls, I'd load the bar, do one rep, light? add more weight, and keep doing that till I had one hard rep done. Then I'd write that weight number down. I did the whole routine like that, and this was the start. Now, I'd go back to the gym the VERY NEXT DAY, and add some weight over what I had on the bar, maybe 5lbs or less, and just crank out one rep, and it worked, in that each movement gained in strength, rather rapidly, and my visual appearance was changing. Now, looking back, I would change some things. I would do the same, but increase the reps, to maybe 10, or higher, maybe 20. Or, if I wanted to keep the reps low, I'd do it for 4 days straight, say M-Th, and then take off till next M, and repeat. But, I think with higher reps, still, to failure, I think once could do M-F with weekends off, or maybe M-S with sunday off, or try everyday.
I'm also thinking frequency and rep range might also depend on one's body type. I've always been on the fat side, yet there was a lot of meso under it. I'm thinking an ectomorph might do better with a Heavy Duty type routine, few reps and sets, and a good amount of rest time in between sets. A more mesomorph, probably would do well with medium reps, and maybe 2 times a week for body part, but an endomorph might do better with higher reps, and higher frequency of body part training, like daily, as I explained above. As far as sets go, I still hold to the Heavy Duty idea, that if the muscle is worked to failure, one is enough.

I split them up

day 1. pushing exercises
day 2. pulling exercises
day 3. legs
repeat

so essentially every 4 days you are working a muscle group

This.

Top Bottom