Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Questions about how to lose muscle mass on my legs?

I am 21, 5'7 and 145 pounds. I have played soccer my whole life so I have very large legs. For my height they are very thick and kind of look like tree trunks if you know that expression. My problem is that my lower body is very muscular and big, while my upper body is not very built up.

I am not interested in putting on muscle, I just like to look fit, and be fit. I run a lot and do other exercises like sit-ups and push-ups mainly just to stay healthy. My problem is that I am fairly short, so my body type is compact. My thick legs just do not really look the way I want them to look. They are too thick for my height. I also have a very muscular butt and since I am so short, it makes my butt and waist look even bigger then they are.

Does anyone know how to bulk down? Is that possible? I would still like to keep the toned look that my legs have, but I just don't want the bulk.

I would assume that for as long as you keep playing soccer, your legs will stay big. I'm also assuming that you're not doing leg-bulking excercises like squats or leg presses. Your legs are the way they are because of your sport of choice being in tune with your genetics.

It's pretty simple. The only way to make your legs smaller, IMO, is to not work them as hard. That's why athletes who don't do a lot of resistance training (like runners or swimmers) while staying in great shape, rarely have the large muscles.

If it's any help, you might want to consider what devil245 said. Try putting some size up on top and see if that helps. I know guys who have done heavy leg work for years and can't put on any real size. So you're fortunate in that respect.

Am I right to assume you are of the femal persuasion? If so, I can see your dilemma. I have read somewhere that it might benefit you to train your legs more frequently, say 3 times per week. The article claimed that it does not allow the body enough time to recover and grow bigger/stronger. I have not tried it on any of my clients but it may be worth a shot.

high rep, low intensity. target your type 1 fibers more, your type 2 will atrophy a bit and thus give you less bulk in the thighs. endurance will go up but overall strength may wither a bit.

if you really want to "bulk down" then I'd say keep running and working out your legs....but don't eat any protein, that way your legs will burn all the fat and then start to feed on your muscle. Personally I would go with what devil said....work your upper body more so that you will be more proportional.

Running might be the answer...

as a former roadrunner, I can say that long distance running is the best exercise to trim down your lower body, overall really. Like they already said above, don't eat too much protein, just concentrate on carbs. If you ever seen the marathon runners on TV, you'll know what I mean. But you don't have to get that skinny either, then again it's a matter of genetics, given your height and body make-up I don't think you'll be able to get that skinny anyway. "Let the muscle, eat the muscle", like someone put it, until you see the results you want. Just start slowly, building a solid base, increasing your mileage gradually, to avoid injuries, check this website for more information:
www.runnersworld.com
Hope this helps with your goals.

Now, me...I still love running but I stopped, having reduced my cardios to a minimum, to start building mass
and get more 'meat' (read: muscles), altered my diet 180 degrees by intaking a lot of protein and eating much more calories than I was used to. As a hard gainer that I am, I have yet to see my goal, but my body has started to show what I've been working out on.....to be continued.

Corsaire Boarding party.....AWAY!:mix:

This may work

Try doing an isocaloric diet 33% cals from carbs, fat and protein. And go about 500 cals a day under what you need, maybe a little less.

Also train your upper body only, and do light cardio for long times (if your not still playing soccer that is) And be sure on days after your upper body work you have a GOOD shake/meal plan. I'd suggest
weight *.4 carbs (mainly simple, sugar, maltodextrin)
weight * .2 whey protein
As low fat as possible, and liquid if you can. Subtract that from your daily calorie total also.

Isocaloric isn't a very muscle protective diet. And the proper recovery drink after the upper body work should preserve that muscle, and the long cardio will break down the leg muscle, along with a little other muscle unfortunately but the training/recovery shake should help keep most of it. Or just train your upper body to match the lower.

Where in ky are you? Love my home state!

I also have the same situation with my legs ive played soccer and skied for years and there size has grown dissproptional to my upper body. I have a toned and athletic build but my legs and ass are huge and its all muscle so im not sure how to lose the size.
I am wondering if streching might hlep to keep the strength but lose some of the size does any one know if that might work.
Also any excercises for the lower back that i could use to bulk up that area to look more proportional

Best thing to do would be to spend a month in bed

imagine someone posting about having legs 'too big' at 145 now.. elite really was a kinder, gentler place back in those days.

Top Bottom