Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a question on working on (teen lifting twice a day)

Master Kush

Alright -- I'm 16, 5' 6", 118 lbs... relatively short and skinny. Now I have worked out in the past, but recently with school starting I have taken up "Beginning Weight Lifting/Training."

Within the half an hour we got, I manage to squeeze in 3 exercises.
-Monday: Push
-Tuesday: Pull
-Wednesday: Push
-Thursday: Pull
-Friday: Push
...then Saturday and Sunday I just continue the cycle. I alternate every other day.

Now I was wondering if I were to do the 3 exercises/30 minutes at school, could I come home and continue my excercises for say another half hour? For example, Monday I were to do push at school (from 9:50am to 10:20am), would it be alright for me to come home and continue at say 4pm to 4:30pm or something?

I'm asking this because I heard your muscles need time to relax or you will start losing muscle (mass?) rather than gaining.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 ... 118lbs ... all you need to do is lift 3 days a week... and eat every waking momment. Make sure you get 8 hours sleep daily, don't do drugs... and you be a beast by the time your 25 :)

Seriously... just 3 days a week of training is all you need at this time in your lifting career.

Well no matter what, I have to do my regular 3 exercises/30 minutes a day in Gym Class... I can't just fail.

As far as eating goes, I don't eat breakfast (so I am basically working out on an empty stomach). I don't eat at lunch either, I just drink a fruit punch. When I get home, I usually pounce right into junk food. My only real meal is dinner.

Sleep: I get around 6-8 hrs of sleep depending on what day it is (because I do have my shows that come on). I usually head to bed around 10 or 11pm... and wake up weekdays at 6am (for school).

Drugs: Only "drug" I do is marijuana, and that's occasionally. I don't smoke it (well, sometimes), but lately I've been making firecrackers (eatable).

Any more tips or suggestions?

ok... well unless you're doing heavy lifting in gym class, that's fine.

Look up Mark Ripptoe 3x8 or Bill Starr's 5x5 routines for real training.

Wow... you want to grow, put on weight, or get big... gotta eat like it brother.

Breakfast... anything... shit, make something before you go to bed man. Lunch... bring food or buy TWO lunches... you'll NEVER get stronger if you don't eat.

Pretend every meal is dinner... and then eat good quality snacks inbetween. Get good calories and protein from milk too.

As Sarge said, train 3 days a week your muscles need to to rest and grow. Get ur food intake aswell missing breakfast and lunch and they just eating shit once a day will do you no favours in the long run. Why do you have to do the 3 exercises every morning? is it compulsory?

Crossy

sgtslaughter said:
ok... well unless you're doing heavy lifting in gym class, that's fine.

Look up Mark Ripptoe 3x8 or Bill Starr's 5x5 routines for real training.

Wow... you want to grow, put on weight, or get big... gotta eat like it brother.

Breakfast... anything... shit, make something before you go to bed man. Lunch... bring food or buy TWO lunches... you'll NEVER get stronger if you don't eat.

Pretend every meal is dinner... and then eat good quality snacks inbetween. Get good calories and protein from milk too.
Well I do 3x12 (working on Endurance).

And yeah, I guess I should start eating correctly balanced meals. You have any tips/suggestions on that?

crossy said:
As Sarge said, train 3 days a week your muscles need to to rest and grow. Get ur food intake aswell missing breakfast and lunch and they just eating shit once a day will do you no favours in the long run. Why do you have to do the 3 exercises every morning? is it compulsory?

Crossy
I haven't eaten breakfast before school in years because then I'd get an upset stomach, so I just said to hell with it.

I'm in 11th grade. My Weight Training class is 3rd period... and we're originally suppose to do a minimum of 4 exercises a day, but I have 2 other training partners with me, so it's rather difficult.

What is compulsory?

Also on a side note, it's not like I have no muscle at all. I've been lifting and working out off-and-on since late November 2005.

Master Kush said:
And yeah, I guess I should start eating correctly balanced meals. You have any tips/suggestions on that?
Tips... start eating more... period.

Then work on balance :)

It's almost nov 2006 now... if you've been doing the same thing since then... it's time for a change. If not... at what point do you change your routine?

Well I've pretty much changed my workout routine since I started this course... just haven't changed my eating habit. Which I'ma have to start now...

Thanks for the advice bro...

Master Kush said:
cause I heard your muscles need time to relax or you will start losing muscle (mass?) rather than gaining.

You'll lose muscle if you don't eat more. Eat breakfast. Your muscle will turn on itself for energy to do your exercises, at least from everything I read. You probably will make some gains. I lost 60 pounds and I managed to make gains in my bench press, but your gains will eventually top out until you eat more.

I'll put it this way. Let us say you are building a House way out in the woods, and you have an engine in your vehicle that runs off of wood. Now it can only carry 3 tons at a time but you have to use most of that to get to the house to drop off the wood. It doesn't make much sense but think about it. Using something as your fuel source when you are trying to make it grow isn't going to work too good, but it will.

compulsory as in do you have to do the exercises in class? can you sub it for cardio instead? With the breakfast dude you really need to eat it, its one of the most important meals of your day. If you dont eat anything till after school your body is just eating away at your muscle as it will be in starvation mode. At your age i cant emphisise enough to eat more throughout your day and again as sarge said look of starrs and riptoes workoutouts if you want to get stronger.

Top Bottom