Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question: Sauna=Cardio? (stupid question, but serious)

HarmsWayBC

I was wondering if hitting the sauna after a workout is beneficial for fat loss/calorie burning or only good for ridding the body of excess water, sodium, and lactic acid build up?

When i hit the sauna i sweat a ton, and my heart rate increases to a very high rate (between 120-180 BPM).......is this a good thing? Is it good for getting lean?

If the point of cardio is to increase your heart rate, isn't the sauna doing the same thing?

Thanks,
Matt

It is just a water thing. While flushing the system is good, don't kid yourself about it being fat loss.
As for the elevated heart rate, I've never heard that before. And I love the sauna; spend hours a week there. Sounds to me like a physical may be in order. That's just not right.

According to the muscle mag encyclopedia:
during a 20 minute sauna the body uses 300cals.

Make sure you sip on plenty water.

:rolleyes: the sauna makes you lose 4 lbs which you gain them again if you drank some water after doing it plus i heard that it has side effects.

of course you have an elevated HR, as your body MUST regulate temperature. In saunas it regulates them by the cooling systems, (sweat). You lose SO fucking much 4lbs god damn! That is not good unless you replenish your water stores. It feels good as hell though, especially when followed by a freezing shower.

About it being fat loss, (not WEIGHT Loss, thats just gonna be water) it might be a little extra push (300cals, if this is correct) but do not subsittute it or use it as an excuse for the absence of a proper diet and training schedule !

300 calories in 20 minutes?? bullshit. That's running, not sitting on your ass in a hot room. Speaking of which, you should burn more calories being in a COLD climate than in a hot one, as heat transfers from you to the air around you.

Top Bottom