Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to Deadlifters: Anyone ever take a year off deadlifts?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
If so, did you come back stronger or weaker. Before I started deadlifting consistently, I tried my first deadlift at 19. I got 300 my first time. A few years later I started deadlifts , doing them occasionally. I hit 365 in no time.
So I actually got stronger not deadlifting. Didnt do any lowerback work either. Just heavy upperback work. No squats either, maybe heavy leg presses. Right now my best was a 510lb conventional deadlift. And a 590lb beast lift, where the bar is behind the legs. This is before I injured myself, but I tried deadlifting not too long ago and my strength was about the same, even though I didnt do them in over a month. So basically, Im thinking of laying off of deads for a year, maybe doing them every so often, but not consistently and focusing on heavy rowing and back work to bring up my upper back. My upper back/ chest measurement has been stagnant for way too long. So if I focus on upper back and exclude deadlifts for a year, will I lose most of my strength in them or possible comeback stronger after a few sessions? ThanX!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I should add. Ill be doing heavy ab work and weighted hyper extentions with up to 90lbs (2 45lb plates) for 15 reps atleast. I may even add weight and reps. I do this about 4 times a week to keep the core strong. .

well i just started doing deadlifts a month a go and hit 405 about a week ago. I think that you will be fine with taking a year off, since you are injured, you don't want o make it any worse by doing heavy deadlifts. The Hypers, and rows sound like a good substitue until you can deadlift again without injuries.

I've taken long breaks. I can't say I've come back stronger, but I quickly returned to my previous best lifts.

ThanX for the feedback guys!! Im sure lll still do them, just not to the extreme I was before (maxing every week and 6-8 hour deadlift and back sessions). ThanX again!!

Beast- I did remember talking to a guy who used to hold three world powerlifting record (bench, dead, and overall totat) He was a believer that at some point in your career you should take a year off from lifting. Not totally off from exercise but not lifting heavy. His name is Kevin Shepard before anyone asks.

CHeers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Beast- I did remember talking to a guy who used to hold three world powerlifting record (bench, dead, and overall totat) He was a believer that at some point in your career you should take a year off from lifting. Not totally off from exercise but not lifting heavy. His name is Kevin Shepard before anyone asks.

CHeers,
Scotsman

ThanX brother!! Im far from a level where I can afford a light year of training.
But I dont think itll hurt to lower my frequency of deadlifting. ThanX again brother!!!!!!!1

WalkingBeast said:
ThanX for the feedback guys!! Im sure lll still do them, just not to the extreme I was before (maxing every week and 6-8 hour deadlift and back sessions). ThanX again!!

Uhhhh.... sure pal.. sure....

Mod@Meso-Rx
Mod@AnabolicUniverse

6-8 hour deadlift and back training sessions??? hey bro, this is the internet.. if you want to claim that.. who am I to dispute you? Hell, I've got a 14" dick and I own a ferrari enzo too... we can all claim something outrageous can't we?

Mod@MesoRx
Mod@AnabolicUniverse

Top Bottom