Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question to Deadlifters: Anyone ever take a year off deadlifts?

champion said:
What do the 6-8 hr WO consist of?

Hey brother!! Heres one of them from my journal:

Back and Abs
(6 or more hours) (192lbs on water only)

T-Bar Rows with Barbell:

35x20 (35lb plate on end of barbell)
70x15 (2 35's)
105x15
140x15
175x15 (5 35's)
210x6 (came loose from wall)
210x6
235x4 (6 35's and a 25)
210x7
175x15

Wide Grip Chin-ups:

Close Grip Chin-ups:

15 (underhanded) (chin-ups done at different parts of routine)

T-Bar Rows with barbell (again):

160x15
180x15
205x10 (4 45's and a 25lb plate)

Partial Deadlift: (lowest setting on power rack)

135x15
225x12
315x1
405x1
500x1
530x1
555x1
575x1 (Another 5lb PR)
585 (fail)

Clean and Jerk:

135x7 (first time trying the lift, fucking around)

Dumbell Curls:

65'sx6
55'sx5 (just having a little fun between sets)

Partial Beast Lifts: (a deadlift with the bar behind the legs, done off lowest setting on power rack)

585x1
635x1
675x1
700x1
730x1 (5lb PR, I almost got it a while ago, but the other side came loose)\
735 (fail)

Lat Pulldowns:

165x15
180x15

Abs:

Kneeling Rope Crunches:

190x15
190x15
190x15
190x15

Maybe my math is way off...but why does that WO take 6-8 hours?

And if it does...aren't you concerned about keeping your body fueled for a workout that long?

TheProject said:
Maybe my math is way off...but why does that WO take 6-8 hours?

And if it does...aren't you concerned about keeping your body fueled for a workout that long?

No need for me to lie about it. I post everything on here as is. I take long breaks between sets, dont stress over time. Like Ive said, I do this as a vent, a MUCH needed vent, its not just a "workout" for me. I train for no one but myself and I do what I feel needs to be done for myself. Fueled? How do you mean? I often break PR's late into my routine with a granola bar or less in my stomache. Desire and rage is my fuel. I may have a small granola bar just to keep me from blacking out, thats all its for. I get my meals in at night on these days, usually 11pm-9am. FUCK conventions!! TRAIN OR FUCKIN DIE!!

WalkingBeast said:
No need for me to lie about it. I post everything on here as is. I take long breaks between sets, dont stress over time. Like Ive said, I do this as a vent, a MUCH needed vent, its not just a "workout" for me. I train for no one but myself and I do what I feel needs to be done for myself. Fueled? How do you mean? I often break PR's late into my routine with a granola bar or less in my stomache. Desire and rage is my fuel. I may have a small granola bar just to keep me from blacking out, thats all its for. I get my meals in at night on these days, usually 11pm-9am. FUCK conventions!! TRAIN OR FUCKIN DIE!!

what are you training FOR?
strength? stamina? strong man? looks? mental health?
all of the above?
cause it seems to me that if you're training all day, with only a granola bar in you and then eating only late at night, you'd defeat whatever purpose you have- your blood sugar would go way down and your metabolism would slow and your stamina would be diminished.
You're setting yourself up for overtraining and an injury in my opinion.

w8lifterchick said:
what are you training FOR?
strength? stamina? strong man? looks? mental health?
all of the above?
cause it seems to me that if you're training all day, with only a granola bar in you and then eating only late at night, you'd defeat whatever purpose you have- your blood sugar would go way down and your metabolism would slow and your stamina would be diminished.
You're setting yourself up for overtraining and an injury in my opinion.

I train for both strength and size, as well as to compliment my violent look. It may SEEM this way. If you check my journal youll see its consistent and Ive been managing alot of PR's this way. My metabolism is too fast as is. If my stamina is diminished then how do I manage so much work in the gym each week? How am I getting stronger? All is not always as it seems

WalkingBeast said:
I train for both strength and size, as well as to compliment my violent look. It may SEEM this way. If you check my journal youll see its consistent and Ive been managing alot of PR's this way. My metabolism is too fast as is. If my stamina is diminished then how do I manage so much work in the gym each week? How am I getting stronger? All is not always as it seems

sorry dude... i know a lot of powerlifters- some of whom have world records, in the powerlifting hall of fame, or have been in the game for over 30 years- i would bet money on not being able to find one successful powerlifter who thinks a 6 hour deadlift session is a good idea. You can hit PRs doing anything- i know guys who compete after being hooked to an IV to drop weight- but is it smart? no. are you getting the best results? no.
If you're training for looks- thats another deal i guess, but since this is a powerlifting forum and i'd guess that most guys here are after sheer strength at the three lifts, it's not going to make sense to anyone but you i think.
You're not letting your body recover- if you're young, and i'm guessing you are, you're going to pay later.

w8lifterchick said:
sorry dude... i know a lot of powerlifters- some of whom have world records, in the powerlifting hall of fame, or have been in the game for over 30 years- i would bet money on not being able to find one successful powerlifter who thinks a 6 hour deadlift session is a good idea. You can hit PRs doing anything- i know guys who compete after being hooked to an IV to drop weight- but is it smart? no. are you getting the best results? no.
If you're training for looks- thats another deal i guess, but since this is a powerlifting forum and i'd guess that most guys here are after sheer strength at the three lifts, it's not going to make sense to anyone but you i think.
You're not letting your body recover- if you're young, and i'm guessing you are, you're going to pay later.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! Im not a powerlifter but this thread was duplicated and placed on both forums for feedback. The thread is months old and not sure why it was revived. Ive since started deadlifting again since the injury and am stronger then before the injury. I am looking to get extremely strong on my deadlifts and bench however. But I dont bench in the powerlifting style and I will most likely continue deadlifting this way, until Im no longer able. Im not so sure that less is better, even if I was a powerlifter. Im still lifting to increase my strength on a constant basis, but competition against others is useless to me, and Im not into learning how to use a bench shirt to add 200lbs on my bench. But to each his own.

WalkingBeast said:
Sorry for the misunderstanding! Im not a powerlifter but this thread was duplicated and placed on both forums for feedback. The thread is months old and not sure why it was revived. Ive since started deadlifting again since the injury and am stronger then before the injury. I am looking to get extremely strong on my deadlifts and bench however. But I dont bench in the powerlifting style and I will most likely continue deadlifting this way, until Im no longer able. Im not so sure that less is better, even if I was a powerlifter. Im still lifting to increase my strength on a constant basis, but competition against others is useless to me, and Im not into learning how to use a bench shirt to add 200lbs on my bench. But to each his own.

I trained raw for years and had no plans for competing- gear doesn't add the weight you think it would but it can help you gain strength and keep you injury free in the process.
I understand now that you aren't a powerlifter- but nomatter how you train, your muscles need recovery time and growth and fuel. You can continue to grow and get stronger while overtraining, but not effeciently or to the degree you would if you worked out a little smarter.
I think most lifters are guilty of overtraining at some point- either over enthusiasm or lack of knowledge or whatever.
If you got injured already, and want to continue to get stronger, I really suggest getting (and sticking to) a good routine. I have some on my site- if i remember correctly there is a deadlift routine by rickey dale crain that you might like- its intense, but SAFE. Look in the routines section.
g
http://weightliftingdiscussion.com

w8lifterchick said:
I trained raw for years and had no plans for competing- gear doesn't add the weight you think it would but it can help you gain strength and keep you injury free in the process.
I understand now that you aren't a powerlifter- but nomatter how you train, your muscles need recovery time and growth and fuel. You can continue to grow and get stronger while overtraining, but not effeciently or to the degree you would if you worked out a little smarter.
I think most lifters are guilty of overtraining at some point- either over enthusiasm or lack of knowledge or whatever.
If you got injured already, and want to continue to get stronger, I really suggest getting (and sticking to) a good routine. I have some on my site- if i remember correctly there is a deadlift routine by rickey dale crain that you might like- its intense, but SAFE. Look in the routines section.
g
http://weightliftingdiscussion.com

Alright. ThanX!!

Top Bottom