Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question to all powerlifters

endpoint

How do you power lifters train?

Do you only work the lifts that you want to get stronger at.....or do you do alot of other work as well.

Did you all start out strong naturally.....or did you build up to it?

Basically i have no idea about powerlifting.
give me a clue.

how many days a week do you train

etc etc etc

Powerlifting is the best way to stay active in th egym. You should always try to lift more reps , weight or any Pr you can get. The big three are squat , bench , deadlift. So tris are the most important in benching So lots of tri work. Shoulders and benching. For chest i do just flat bench only. My best is 570 so it works for me. Then i dead lift next day, after i nmove to a back workout with pulldowns, then light bi's. Skip wed then thurs is tris again only with 4 sets of light pulldowns again. Fri squat first then hams. Train 4 days a week.Hour in a half each day. But there is 4 to 6 of us.So you train yur three lifts and everything else you do should in some way help those three.

There are regimins that consist solely of the 3 powerlifts and there are ones that concentrate on assistance work.. Huge variety.

If you are a beginner I would concentrate on the big 3 and practice getting better at them. An easy program is to start with a weight you can do 4x10 reps with and up the poundage steadily each week by around 2-5%. A good 10 week course will vastly improve your lifts. Throw in some assistance work targeting the week points of each lift.

Try it for a while.

There are regimins that consist solely of the 3 powerlifts and there are ones that concentrate on assistance work.. Huge variety.

If you are a beginner I would concentrate on the big 3 and practice getting better at them. An easy program is to start with a weight you can do 4x10 reps with and up the poundage steadily each week by around 2-5%. Eventually you get to the point where you are doing doubles and triples with decently heavy weight. A good 10 week course will vastly improve your lifts. Throw in some assistance work targeting the week points of each lift.

Try it for a while.

10 people will give you 10 different answers :)
Basically,it depends upon how your life revolves.Lifters who are strict powerlifters will usually stick to a program focused on enhancing the big three.On the other hand,people who are involved in a multitude of athletic endeavors(like me)will generally rotate their routines to fit the season.I focus intently on the big three when I am about three months out from a competition.I also incorporate a lot of plyometrics and other purely "strength" moves because I also do the strongman thing.During volleyball and softball seasons,I train more for speed and flexibility,with a lot of focus on the rotator cuff and back strength.A book that I hve found really useful is called"Serious Strength Training" by Tudor Bompa,PhD.It has a multitude of training programs for all types of levels and fitness goals,whether you want to develop size,strength,cut,or do a little of all three.Also,try to link up with one of the more experienced lifters in your area,who can critique your form.

I used to train conventionally like jay and lady talk about. However I have switched to wsb stuff and love it. goto elitefitnesssystems.com or deepsquatter.com and read about it.

I train 5 days a week. I didn't start out strong but I've been working out for 7-8 years. I work every lift known to God when I do my training. The reason for this is because you have so many muscles in your body that help with each lift. Example: when you do bench, you're not only working you chest....you also work your tri's, shoulders, and lats. So you need auxillary lifts when training.

Top Bottom