Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about training and caloric deficit

the nature boy

I'm cutting back on my calories to lose some bodyfat, but I'm not sure as to what kind of routine (# of training days,sets and reps) I should follow. My current routine is probably going to get me injured. Am I right in assuming that my strength levels will go down?

Lift like you normally would, regardless of your diet. Accept the fact that you will lose some strength, but still lift with intensity.

You will lose strength bro. It's just a fact if you don't have enough recovery materials, it will take longer to recover. So you should either take more rest between workouts, or reduce your training volume. Your goal while cutting should be to maintain what muscle you have. That being said, jsut like GT said, still train with intensity.

I agree w/ argent. Usually when one cuts calories its the carbs that go first hence energy deficiency. If you are cutting carbs, save your carb intake for your pre workout meal and post to minimize loss.

thanks bros. Should I avoid low reps? or do them as I normally do. I'm thinking that being in a depleted state with higher than normal cortisol levels would increase the risk of injury, especially I'm I'm doing sets of 3-5 reps.

any input?

on the contrary, heavy sets will tax energy reserves more than higher reps. I dont think your giving your body enough credit, especially if you have been training for some time. I would go higher reps personally.

I'd say stay in the low rep range. Higher reps combined with calorie deficiency could lead to more muscle loss.

Top Bottom