Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about the Texas Method

Richie_Awesome

I'm doing this

Monday

5x5 squats
5x5 bench
5x5 rows

wednesday

3x3 or 4x4 front squats
power cleans(what reps are good?)
5x5 military press
3xfailure pullups

friday
1x5 squat
1x5 bench
1x5 deadlift.

Few questions.

What sets and reps for power cleans? I was told you don't want high reps as form goes down quickly as fatigue sets in. Do I only do rows on monday, or are they to be performed 1x5 on friday?

Are military presses and bent rows to be 5x5?

Richie_Awesome said:
What sets and reps for power cleans? I was told you don't want high reps as form goes down quickly as fatigue sets in.

Heavy (75% max and higher) cleans are, in my opinion, one of the best lifts for overal strength.

Many on this board will think your leg training is excessive, but give the program a try. In fact, it looks a lot like mine. If you are too sore to Squat on Friday or you are not increasing your working loads, back off the leg work a little. I would also recomend switching the lifts between two workouts from week to week . For example week two workout may look like:

Monday
5x5 squats
5x5 weighted dips
5x5 SL Deads or Good Mornings

wednesday
3x3 or 4x4 front squats
power snatches
5x5 military press
5x5 Barbell Power Curls

friday
1x5 squat
1x5 bench
1x5 deadlift

If you are going for the Texas method, the idea is to have the second workout almost as an recovery day, so I suppose a little less volume on the overhead press might be more appropriate.

AEKDB said:
Heavy (75% max and higher) cleans are, in my opinion, one of the best lifts for overal strength.

Many on this board will think your leg training is excessive, but give the program a try. In fact, it looks a lot like mine. If you are too sore to Squat on Friday or you are not increasing your working loads, back off the leg work a little. I would also recomend switching the lifts between two workouts from week to week . For example week two workout may look like:

Monday
5x5 squats
5x5 weighted dips
5x5 SL Deads or Good Mornings

wednesday
3x3 or 4x4 front squats
power snatches
5x5 military press
5x5 Barbell Power Curls

friday
1x5 squat
1x5 bench
1x5 deadlift
Good point with the exercise cycling. I've never been one to cycle exercises, don't think I'm advanced enough yet, but I"ll definitely keep it in mind.

Top Bottom