Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about order of workouts.

miked8c

So heres what I do now for my 531.

Mon. Military Press
Tues. Deadlift
Wed. Off
Thurs. Bench
Fri. Squat

As you may know, 531 involves repping out till near failure on the last set of each compound.

What I want to change my schedule to its this.

Mon. Deadlift
Tues. Military Press
Wed. Off
Thurs. Squat
Fri. Bench

All I would so is switch my Bench with my squat day. Heres the question

Going balls out on a squat set takes alot out of you and makes you sore for at least a couple of days later. If I do a squat day before my bench, even though its two different muscle groups, will it hurt my bench on Friday because of cortisol levels and a CNS drop off?

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but I don't want my bench to suffer because I squated the day before.

What about if I did my bench after my deadlift day. Monday-deadlift, Tuesday-Bench day. The reason I am being so picky is because I can grind through leg days no problem even if I'm sore, but on upperbody days I need to be ina pretty decent condition to perform.

Last edited:
I'd be more concerned about squat and deadlift days so close. i do squat mon, bench wed, deads fri, mil press sat.
As long as ur not on a keto diet and refeeds r on weekends i think u should be fine sticking bench on fri. Really doesnt make sense tho since ur sticking bench on friday then mil press on monday just 2 days later. Then Deadlift and a Squat 2 days apart. I would keep it the same as ur doing right now.

My bad I screwed up, I edited my first post. This is what it would look like

Mon. Deadlift
Tues. Military Press
Wed/off
Thurs. Squat
Fri. Bench

I know squatting takes alot out of you, it increases cortisol levels which i guess makes your entire body weak. Although its mainly ass and legs I know squats are the hardest to recover from. Would they screw with my bench the next day?

My bad I screwed up, I edited my first post. This is what it would look like

Mon. Deadlift
Tues. Military Press
Wed/off
Thurs. Squat
Fri. Bench

I know squatting takes alot out of you, it increases cortisol levels which i guess makes your entire body weak. Although its mainly ass and legs I know squats are the hardest to recover from. Would they screw with my bench the next day?

Thats my routine to the T, I loved it, Ive tried other versions but I always find myself coming back to this one.

Dude your bench isnt going to suffer from cortisol levels or whatever lol. Stop reading so deep into things. But either way your going to have training days next to each other in a 4 day split so if you feel tired take extra days off. Maybe try just a 1 day on 1 day off set up

The chances are it will be the fact you worked out the day before and you havnt physically (in terms of energy) or mentally (in terms of mental fatigue) recovered due to lack of sleep/quality food.

But if you've used the 531 before and it has worked what makes you think you need to change it.

For the record I seem to do better on a 3 day split rather than 4 day and for a while I used the 3 day setup version of the 531... it worked well.

Top Bottom