Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about muscle helping through injury

pickfordjames

Say if you are having knee and shoulder pain out of nowhere. Do you think if you focus on strengthening the area that is pain will in a way protect the area with muscle growth ? I have heard surgery isn’t always the option. What you think ?

physical therapists use that theory a lot, problem is it will work on old farts but with us it will ABSOLUTELY fail miserably 95% of the time

as weight lifters our injuries are typically more chronic in nature because we pound away. also our muscle imbalances are very different because we are so much stronger and conditioned. this is why going to a physcal therapist for an injury for us rarely helps because they will have you do 'band work' and ridiculous things like that.

i would be very wary of your shoulder pain, that could be a rotator issue and it won't get better any time soon. as far as your knees you need to listen to your body there. i would grab some n2jointrx

Say if you are having knee and shoulder pain out of nowhere. Do you think if you focus on strengthening the area that is pain will in a way protect the area with muscle growth ? I have heard surgery isn’t always the option. What you think ?

I think it depends on how long you been Lifting for already. When I was not lifting at all I had joint pain, and then once I built strength around those areas, the muscle seemed to support my joints, and I had less pain.

But once you already have really strong muscles it could be another kind of injury. So the answer could be to get some rest and try taking a joint supplement.

I would recommend searching YouTube for topics like shoulder Physical Therapy, shoulder rehab, knee physical therapy and knee rehab. Watch lots of videos and learn everything you can about your shoulders and your knees. Then you might be able to find what works for you in alleviating that pain.

Some general tips might include, lifting at a slower tempo, applying ice to the painful areas or just taking cold showers post workout, or looking into stretching and foam rolling. But without knowing your full history, it's really hard to say, and it could be anything.

Top Bottom