Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about linear

oso0690

The dual theory explains about how you accumulate fatigue and fitness and work into a planned overreaching state then letting off for a week right? So is linear ramping up the weights in large enough gaps to eliminate most fatigue in the earlier stages and accumulate the fitness until where it starts to become hard?

Well, my main question is, I'm on the linear 5x5 and am at week 10, and have stalled out and feel like i'm overreaching. Well since fatigue set in, when i lay off a week and/or deload back 4 weeks, will I gain a little more or do the gains completely stop once I stop and deload?

If you've stalled and hit a wall, which you probably have if you're 10 weeks in without a deload, then take a week and signficantly reduce the volume (maybe only workout twice the entire week), or take the entire week off completely and eat and rest.

The strength you've gained will shine through after you've rested and your joints have healed a bit. When you start back, use weights from about 3 weeks prior and reramp. You should blast through your sticking points.

Top Bottom