Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about HIIT

Anthony1980

30 sec walking (speed 4 in a treadmill).... 30 sec sprinting (speed 10 on treadmill)... is that the basic concept? I try to mix it AFTER lifting. Is that good?

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

I was thinking since I've only been doing 30 sec maybe i could up it to 11-12 instead of 10. My body has gotten used to 10.

Ive even heard of people sprinting on 12 for one minute and jumping onto the side rails of it for one minute. They said the sudden speed then stop does it too.

30 seconds at the maximum intensity you can withstand for the time duration (30 seconds-1 minute), then the same amount of time at a very low intensity (3 MPH is a good speed for walking. 4 MPH may be a little too fast for the resting period where the idea is to reduce HR) Just stopping completely is also fine for the resting period.

This alternation of the very high intensity to the very low intensity is the basic concept behind HIIT.

Duration should be kept short to around 5-15 minutes

Cool! Thanks. One more thing... is it ok to do it the same days as weight lifting?

Cool! Thanks. One more thing... is it ok to do it the same days as weight lifting?

Yes, but it's better to do after weight training (except legs of course). U'll use up much of glycogen stores in muscles during lifts then burn the rest and go into fat burning during hiit. That's the theory anyway.

I find that the 30 sec sprints is hard on a treadmill as it take a few seconds to speed up. If it's the treadmill i do 1 min balls out and 1 min walk or rest.

A nice stationary bike works REAL WELL for me. Gotta have foot stirrups tho. I set it for the max person weight for better resistance. I can do 30 secs on and 30 sec rests. For the sprints on a bike i stand up and kill it. Works almost too good.

Do this , 1 min sprint on treadmill balls out jump to the side and 10 dips off handrails then rest 1-2 minutes with treadmill still going then repeat. I am up to 12 mph on a good day but damn imagine If the handrail snapped while doing dips...

Do this , 1 min sprint on treadmill balls out jump to the side and 10 dips off handrails then rest 1-2 minutes with treadmill still going then repeat. I am up to 12 mph on a good day but damn imagine If the handrail snapped while doing dips...

Top Bottom