Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about chest exercises

bignate73 said:
2nd: dont limit yourself by doing 3/4 reps, build up some work capacity in your tri's so you dont have them as your weak point. basically find what you arent good at and make it so you are good at it. thats why its called training. to make yourself better. cosmetic goals are great, but if you train with a purpose (strength, endurance etc) the results will come. if you know your arms are weak, then they will probably visually be so. keep that in mind with all bodyparts. if you make the bodypart you want strong, it will by default be larger.

I agree that he should continue to balance out all muscle groups, but remember he has a whole other day for triceps work. The whole point of specifying a certain workout to a certain muscle group is to most effectively hit that target muscle group...correct?! Not to reciprocate criticism to your post, but he's been benching through a full range of motion to lockout already. The problem as I see it, is that he is relying too much on his triceps to complete his bench. I'm simply offering an alternative to more effectively recruit the pecs and give his tri's a rest. He will get enough work out of them with his shoulder presses and triceps workouts. His main concern right now is to bring up his chest, and I feel this would be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Various,

BigNate wrote "build up some work capacity in your tri's so you dont have them as your weak point. basically find what you arent good at and make it so you are good at it. thats why its called training"

Thank you for responding. I know you guys have better things to do than answer relative newbie questions. I know what you wrote is sound advice, and I will apply it to every other aspect of my workout routine. My original post was incomplete. At this point my chest routine is becoming a real issue. I have always muddled through doing things as I outlined above. When I was smaller physically it wasn't much of an issue, but now (especially with my determination to work my body this year) it just may. I really need my chest to "catch up" to the rest of me. My tri's aren't small, if anything they're getting disproportionately too big, I think because they are used in so many different exercises, Especially my upper chest, and general mass, isn't anywhere near where it should be in my opinion. The weight has almost become irrelevant, because my arms are so burned out by the fifth overall set I can't even lift the bar any longer. That makes everything else I want to do limited. I'm honestly starting to wonder if I have a problem of some kind. Because guys with similar builds can lift far more at bench, and it isn't as if I'm not working hard to increase.

Resonator: Thanks for the link man.

ZXE: Thanks again for all your advice

Top Bottom