Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about bent over BB Rows!

Pec

I noticed a lot of people replied to the "Best Lat Exercise" post with BB rows. My question is front grip or reverse grip. Advantages of one over the other? Do both? Do you keep your chest parallel to the ground or slightly inclined. And finally, Do you pull the bar up to your chest or mid abdomen? Thanks.

Personally I prefer a reverse grip. I tend to keep my back slightly inclined as leaning completly over would put a large amount of undue pressure on the low back. Not to mention the balance issues it would cause. When doing rows in this fashion I like to pull the bar right into my waist. I feel this helps with the development of the lower lat. That area tends to be a problem on most trainees I see. Hope this helps somewhat. Later

I do 3 sets of overhand with an olympic bar, and 3 sets underhand with a cambered bar. 45 degree angle bent over, eyes straight ahead.

I tend to stick to 45 now as I have lower back pains. I used to go parallel when I was younger so maybe this was the cause? I tend to use different grips depending on what I feel like although I don't think it makes all that much difference.

Top Bottom