x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Question about bent over BB Rows!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Question about bent over BB Rows! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I noticed a lot of people replied to the "Best Lat Exercise" post with BB rows. My question is front grip or reverse grip. Advantages of one over the other? Do both? Do you keep your chest parallel to the ground or slightly inclined. And finally, Do you pull the bar up to your chest or mid abdomen? Thanks.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Bro
    I noticed a lot of people replied to the "Best Lat Exercise" post with BB rows. My question is front grip or reverse grip. Advantages of one over the other? Do both? Do you keep your chest parallel to the ground or slightly inclined. And finally, Do you pull the bar up to your chest or mid abdomen? Thanks.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Personally I prefer a reverse grip. I tend to keep my back slightly inclined as leaning completly over would put a large amount of undue pressure on the low back. Not to mention the balance issues it would cause. When doing rows in this fashion I like to pull the bar right into my waist. I feel this helps with the development of the lower lat. That area tends to be a problem on most trainees I see. Hope this helps somewhat. Later

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I do 3 sets of overhand with an olympic bar, and 3 sets underhand with a cambered bar. 45 degree angle bent over, eyes straight ahead.

Pro Bodybuilder strengthmonster's Avatar
    I tend to stick to 45 now as I have lower back pains. I used to go parallel when I was younger so maybe this was the cause? I tend to use different grips depending on what I feel like although I don't think it makes all that much difference.