Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about arm-day splits

CollegeKid

here's the deal... been doing the chest/tri, leg/abs, back/bi split for the last few weeks and have gained LOTS of chest and back size..... but my arms have stayed basically the same... so now they look tiny. i decided to try to use the "arm day" split where you focus on tri/bi one day, legs/abs another, and then back/chest the last. on arm day i felt a damn good pump, more than ever before.

now here's the question:

what kind of lifts should i do for the "arm-day" split? i was thinking it should probably lean more towards isolation exercises such as,

-incline hammer curls
-reverse and normal barbell curls
-cable pushdowns
-french press
-weighted dips
-forearm work

...my back/chest day would thusly consist of the big moves like bent over rows, DB bench presses, pullups, etc.

you guys have any tips or advice? i REALLY need my arms to grow. thanks!

- CollegeKid

push/pull system

when my training calls for an arm day I use a push pull principle.
For example I will do tris first for 4 set, (1st is warmup). Then I will go to Bis for four set, (1st is warmup again). and basically badck and forth every three sets. This keep the fatigue and lactic acid from building up too much in each muscle group, plus it makes it fun since the pump you get sometimes hinder full range of motion, the pump will move back and forth from each muscle untill you whole arm is pumped....

Example
Close-grip 4 sets
Seated alternating dumbell curls 4 sets
French press for 3 sets
Barbell curls for 3 sets
Pushdowns for 3 sets
Hammer curls for 3 sets

then forearm work

thanks for the reply Lord_Suston.

one perhaps not-so-minor detail: i was also planning to do delts and traps on back/chest day.. is that ok, or should perhaps the delts be done on arm day as well?

- CollegeKid

Top Bottom