Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is a quarter of an inch gain on the arms good for a year of training?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey everyone. Was just curious if a quarter of an inch on the arms is good progress for a year of training. Ive been at a plateau for a while and seem to finally be increasing little by little. Im expecting atleast an overall half inch of increase by april. This would be half an inch in a year. But it may or may not happen. Im staying natural as long as possible. Im at 17 3/4 now ,on my best arm, the other is only one line on the tape below it. My arms were 17 1/2 about 6 months ago, And I expect to have 18 cold by april. Anyway just curious to know if 1/4 inch a year is a good increase. ThanX :D

Also I should add. A quarter of an inch isnt much when you start out, I realize that (haha I gained an inch and a half on my arms in one year,when I started) But really what I meant is once you hit that plateau for a while. ThanX

hmm it would be depend on a number of things, like how long have you been training? to give an example; i've been training for about 7 years myself and a year ago i gained a full inch on my arms. personally i thought that was pretty good (taken into account that ive been training pretty long), and from what i can gather you've been training for a while yourself as well so i'd say that a quarter inch is quite decent. of course it also depends on if it's pure muscle that you've put on.

SAGAT said:
hmm it would be depend on a number of things, like how long have you been training? to give an example; i've been training for about 7 years myself and a year ago i gained a full inch on my arms. personally i thought that was pretty good (taken into account that ive been training pretty long), and from what i can gather you've been training for a while yourself as well so i'd say that a quarter inch is quite decent. of course it also depends on if it's pure muscle that you've put on.

Hey Sagat! Its been 9 years of training for me now. In that 9 years the most ive been out of the gym was a week. My body composition doesnt seem to change much, so Im pretty sure its a muscle gain. haha An inch in a year would be awesome now. Two years and Id be at about 20" cold and 21 pumped. Im aiming for 1/2 an inch per year atleast. ThanX for the feedback

you're welcome bro. well considering the fact that you've been training for 9 years (which is pretty damn long!) i'd say a quarter inch is pretty damn good. i'd say if you get half an inch a year you're doing a great job. good luck!

hey, if i trained for 2 hours in the gym and my muscles feel a little sore and weak at first and after and hour, its different. I feel weak but not sore. is that normal?

We all grow at different levels. Nutrition, rest, training, and work often pay the most integral role when and if the balance is there.

I would be happy with that gain :)

SAGAT said:
you're welcome bro. well considering the fact that you've been training for 9 years (which is pretty damn long!) i'd say a quarter inch is pretty damn good. i'd say if you get half an inch a year you're doing a great job. good luck!

ThanX Sagat! :D

fr0st.Shardz said:
hey, if i trained for 2 hours in the gym and my muscles feel a little sore and weak at first and after and hour, its different. I feel weak but not sore. is that normal?

Hey Shardz! The description is a little vague. You mean weak as in dizzy,tired or weak as in muscles fatigued,can't lift much, or both.
I dont usually get sore til the next day. I also feel soreness during my workout when getting a burn, if thats what you mean. Doesnt sound like anything abnormal to me, but also not exactly sure what you mean. Hope that helps :D

Top Bottom