Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quads, Hams, without Working the Ass

gu3mute

Are there any exercises for quads and hams that will not work out my ass too much? It's already pretty large compared to the rest of me I don't want it any bigger. lol. Thanks.

I think you'll have a hard time hitting the ham's with out hitting the ass at least alittle but I like to do front squat's (with the bar in front under your chin kind of) to work only the quad's.

The machine that is used by most gyms to stop the dust from getting on the floor. Its called a hamstring curl machine, and it normally lives next to the quad extension machine, therein lays the answer to both parts of your question. Isolation.

Partial squats, considering it is the lower part that engages your glutes, I suggest that you only go two thirds of the way down. However this will prove tricky to know when to stop, and secondly will put stress on your knees.

I wouldn't recommend either, just stick to your real squats and tell people that J-Lo bums are fashionable.

I had someone tell me that he didn't like to go too low since he didn't want his arse to get too big. I told him that I need a huge arse to balance everything out.

Think about what you're considering doing to yourself in planning to work part of your system while leaving connected parts underdeveloped. You'll get into a situation where you have strong muscles which one day are going to rely on their neighbours during an exercise or in the real world. Those neighbouring muscles aren't going to be able to cope with the stress and you'll take an injury, probably cursing your bad luck at the time and thinking that it happens to everyone eventually.

This is the essence of working the complex, compound movements. You work your body in systems which makes you a genuinely stronger person. You can move to different exercises and still be strong, knowing that all of the required muscles are functional and at roughly the same stage of development. When one muscle has to rely on a neghbouring one, the support and strength is there.

This is what real-world strength is all about and by working muscles in isolation you put yourself in the line of unnecessary risk. This applies especially to larger muscles which can fool you into thinking that you are strong when you really aren't.

Nice post BW.

The butt doesn't get wider, it actually will grow out giving that nice J-lo-booty thing (for a guy that is).

Again, I have maybe given karma once since I joined this place (I still don't know what the fuck karma is), but you got it BW.

Top Bottom