Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

quads/hams --> separate workouts! yes/no?

biondo

i need to give a boos to my hams but it always happen that im tired and bored when i finish my quads routine and i dont make a great job with my hams.
that is why i want to try to train quads and hams in separate days:
mon quad
thu hams
sat quad
tue hams
fri quad

what do u think? good or bad idea? if i do this i can train calves after hams and add another calf training with shoulders (so i can train calves 2/wk)!

thanks for advices

I train in seperate days,usually quads on day and hams/calfs a day or two after,seems to be working

I train quads and hams on the same day. Calve occur on leg day and one or two alternating days as well. Calves and abs I work 3 times a week.

3 quad days a week?
way too much

you can either split them, o r go super set style
squats/stiffs
leg press/curls
hacks/standing curls

no, it is not 3 quad a week!
check it better, it's about 3 workout every 15 days!
mon quad
thu hams
sat quad

tue hams
fri quad

the best exercise for hams is squats, so why split it up. After you are done training quads, your hams are smoked and will need very little work to grow

needsize said:
the best exercise for hams is squats, so why split it up. After you are done training quads, your hams are smoked and will need very little work to grow

Exactly! I do like stiff legged deadlifts after I've finished my squats and leg presses though, just because my hams are lagging.

I think that the split he has should give him good development. It takes about 5ish days for the quads and hams to recover from what I recall. So he's hitting them at the correct interval. Now it's just a matter of making sure he's getting enough calories, supplements and sleep to avoid overtraining.

this is the problem.
i have a problem in l5-s1 (the disc comes out a bit) and im seein a therapist right now.
squat is not the best excercice for my back problem and even when i was able to make it i had to put something under my feet coz otherwise i go too ahead with upper body and put a lot of stress on lower back.
when u workout with something under your feet (back of the fee of course) your hams dont work so weel.
hope u understand my point.

biondo said:
this is the problem.
i have a problem in l5-s1 (the disc comes out a bit) and im seein a therapist right now.
squat is not the best excercice for my back problem and even when i was able to make it i had to put something under my feet coz otherwise i go too ahead with upper body and put a lot of stress on lower back.
when u workout with something under your feet (back of the fee of course) your hams dont work so weel.
hope u understand my point.

Yikes! Will your therapist allow you to do front squats? Are you doing any form of hypers?

Top Bottom