Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

quad injury..

M

*MissFit*

This morning i walked into a 45 pound weight at the gym..

I'm in a lot of pain... and i'm having a bit of trouble walking... when i first did it i didnt really feel it but i have a really high tolerance for pain..

I think it might be a deep tissue bruise...

How do i treat it... not sure this is the right forum..

And i know silly question how many days do i have to take off? :worried:

Can you do squats w/out weights? That would loosen it up if the pain's not tooo bad. Otherwise massage, ice, heat, all the stuff your mom told you :)

It's possible that it's an impact-induced tear in which case it could take a few weeks to heal fully. It should start to feel significantly better within two or three days.

If it hasn't significantly improved within 48 hours, seek professional help. An elastic support might be worth considering. The usual recommendation is to alternate cold and heat for three or four 5-minute cycles two or three times a day.

Some, however, suggest that both heat and massage are contra-indicated sine they induce more bloodflow which can worsen some situations.

:( It's not gonna look cute in a skirt this wekeend DAMNNNNNNN

And of course a bunch of ppl saw.. i just jumped up and kept walking...

Damn, never had one of those but I would imagine it being painful.

Hope you get better soon.

How did you walk into a 45lb plate?

Was it on the end of a barbell on a stand? I've done that plenty but at walking speed this has never done any serious damage.

I always suggest that if you sustain an injury, you should take 48 hour off and do NOTHING. Training legs after a pec injury might seem OK to some, but what you are doing when you train legs is take your bodys recuperative powers and split them between the legs and the injured pec. You will unconciously be straing and pulling in the injured muscle, and really, if there is any possibility of a tear, you should be leaving it alone completely.

I don't think that you will have an impact tear - they normally happen from bad falls or car accidents - but ice is good for 48-72 hours, once every hour for 5 mins is the optimal amount, after that, heat several times a day and light mobility (cardio) will speed healing.

GOOD LUCK

bathe yourself in apple butter. btw, wtf are you doing in here? get back to C&C where you belong!

HumanTarget said:
bathe yourself in apple butter. btw, wtf are you doing in here? get back to C&C where you belong!
You must be confusing her with CanadianCutie. MissFit is an avid poster in this forum.

Blut Wump said:
You must be confusing her with CanadianCutie. MissFit is an avid poster in this forum.
you must be thinking of PrettyLittlePest.....

I go to other area's too
HumanTarget said:

Top Bottom