Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Q For OMEGA & Omega Veterans

str8nubin

I'm a total fake
Platinum
On sets involving a teardown (performed to failure)...

Is it best that I borrow a spot on this last set? Or should my emphasis remain on flawless form, cadence, and range of motion?

Will this hurt or help? My thoughts are: help so I don't shake all over the place or lose my desired range.... or maybe I am overthinking it :rolleyes:

K to all for their insight and sorry if this question has been answered =)

I'd say don't use a spot.

the shaking and all to hell all over the place, is working muscles that rarely get worked, creating better balance blah blah blah.. an overall better failure anymore..

AND considering if you're going crazy all over the place, you should just stop and call it, because in the omega program everything I've considered to failure as when I cannot do another rep with perfect or near perfect form.

I dunno, just my two cents, maybe if you got a spotter easily available why not, but I don't think it's nessisary.

Also I just thought about this a bit more, say you had a spotter, you're likely going to be able to do 3-4 more solid clean perfect form reps (with assistance) which I think can also mean you're raising the chance of injuring yourself or increasing the possibility that you might overtrain.

just my two cents, if I can't do a clean perfect during my 5th set, I'll struggle for that last sloppy rep and then that'll be that, vs having someone really push me through 3-4 more where I might end up injuring myself.

I'm no expert, but again my humble opinion.

Thanks guys, great answers and I really agree with both of you.... which is why its a tough decision!

I'm just really accustomed to using spotters, but then again I am relearning everything... I'll bet omega answered this question somewhere in the literature already I just gotta go back and dig for it

str8nubin said:
Thanks guys, great answers and I really agree with both of you.... which is why its a tough decision!

I'm just really accustomed to using spotters, but then again I am relearning everything... I'll bet omega answered this question somewhere in the literature already I just gotta go back and dig for it

have you done any of the workouts yet bro??

they are fucking INTENSE!!!!!!!!! I'd say the last place you'd want to push yourself really hard on is doing like an extra 20-30 reps a workout on your "failure" set because you got a spotter.

Well Omega did answer it, he basically said in one of his initial posts that when training to failure on the final set as he calls it, one do it 45 seconds after the 4th set or heavy set, drop 20% of the weight (maybe 25%) and go with VERY slow strict 1-2-0-2-1 form, until you cannot do another clean perfect rep.

so with a spotter you'd be forcing that clean perfect rep yanno?

the only time I've used a spotter which has been like twice, once was on incline BP to help get up past that low low low stick point, he had no idea wtf was going on it was a waste of my time, haha, and once was squatting like 450 for 11, he was just watching my back making sure I didn't murder myself.

I'd say if anything use a spotter on the heavy set for safety reasons, but not nessisary for added reps or strains to failure. this workout is intense enough without pushing that extra bit, plus if you get used to working out without a spotter all you'll need is your lonesome self. =)

FriendlyCanadian said:
have you done any of the workouts yet bro??

they are fucking INTENSE!!!!!!!!! I'd say the last place you'd want to push yourself really hard on is doing like an extra 20-30 reps a workout on your "failure" set because you got a spotter.

Well Omega did answer it, he basically said in one of his initial posts that when training to failure on the final set as he calls it, one do it 45 seconds after the 4th set or heavy set, drop 20% of the weight (maybe 25%) and go with VERY slow strict 1-2-0-2-1 form, until you cannot do another clean perfect rep.

so with a spotter you'd be forcing that clean perfect rep yanno?

the only time I've used a spotter which has been like twice, once was on incline BP to help get up past that low low low stick point, he had no idea wtf was going on it was a waste of my time, haha, and once was squatting like 450 for 11, he was just watching my back making sure I didn't murder myself.

I'd say if anything use a spotter on the heavy set for safety reasons, but not nessisary for added reps or strains to failure. this workout is intense enough without pushing that extra bit, plus if you get used to working out without a spotter all you'll need is your lonesome self. =)

Thanks!!! That actually helped... I kind of doubt I could find a good spot on most of these lifts anyhow. I could just see some wiseass trying to 'correct' my form or push me to retarded lengths.

Haven't done a workout yet, starting on 5/1. But I already know this is going to be uber-exhausting... you might say my previous experience has been more "delusional" than anything else. All my friends are meatheads =) Its kind of funny because when I started reading the material I was like... wtf... this is nothing... but once I saw the whole picture I was like :xeye: damn... I'm in for it!!!!

I gotta fight off the temptation to start before I'm ready lol

str8nubin said:
Thanks!!! That actually helped... I kind of doubt I could find a good spot on most of these lifts anyhow. I could just see some wiseass trying to 'correct' my form or push me to retarded lengths.

Haven't done a workout yet, starting on 5/1. But I already know this is going to be uber-exhausting... you might say my previous experience has been more "delusional" than anything else. All my friends are meatheads =) Its kind of funny because when I started reading the material I was like... wtf... this is nothing... but once I saw the whole picture I was like :xeye: damn... I'm in for it!!!!

I gotta fight off the temptation to start before I'm ready lol

Dude why not start now?? start working on the muscle mind connection, you don't have to push yourself to exorbent lengths just condition yourself and whatnot, unless ofcourse omega told you to hold off.

but I don't see the harm in taking it easy getting your muscles used to the exercises and working on that mind/muscle connection because it doesn't all come within the first workout, well at least it sure as hell didn't for me, haha. =)

FriendlyCanadian said:
Dude why not start now?? start working on the muscle mind connection, you don't have to push yourself to exorbent lengths just condition yourself and whatnot, unless ofcourse omega told you to hold off.

but I don't see the harm in taking it easy getting your muscles used to the exercises and working on that mind/muscle connection because it doesn't all come within the first workout, well at least it sure as hell didn't for me, haha. =)

Hehe my sentiments exactly, the reason that I am holding off is because I wasn't anticipating a start until May 1st but got a jump start on the forums after I processed payment. I'm a college student, full time laborer & dad so I have a relatively full docket most of the time. These next 2 weeks for me are especially bad since it is crunch time for my wife right now (shes been doing kinda bad in school) and I've been trying to help her out... a lot...

I only give 110% to anything I apply myself to and this project is particularly important to me, so I want to be hitting this bad boy 5 days a week no more no less =)

If I were free right now, I would be in the chamber getting the pump =)

Top Bottom