Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Q about band resistance.

zackdarnell

I'm going to be getting some bands in the next couple weeks, so Ive been doing some reading. One thing I am unsure of is how to determine the band tension. For example, one article said for DE day, for a 300-400 lb max bench, use 60lbs of band tension at top and 30 lbs of band tension at the bottom. How do you know how much tension you have on there? Do you just go by feel, or is there a way to figure it out?

For the bench -- just get the mini bands. All you do is double them under a db and yoru tension will be good.

1-dawg said:
For the bench -- just get the mini bands. All you do is double them under a db and yoru tension will be good.
Thanks 1-dawg. Thats what I figured.
Now, how about for box squatting? My max squat is 485 lbs.

I would stick with the green bands for now. You could try a few weeks with the blues but make sure your bar weight is lower becuase the blues are tough mothers. I have a guy that trains with us that is squatting about the same as you and he has never used the blues yet. He stick with greens and purples for now. We will have him do a semi-crica max before his 1st meet with the blues only.

Top Bottom