Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are pushups important?

expatInsurance

My chest work out includes, incline dumble press 4 X 10-15 reps, decline press with bars, 3 sets with 10-15 reps and then I club the chest work out with shoulder and triceps workouts. Am I missing out some thing by not doing pushups, are they really important?

It all depends on your goals. Give a little more info on that and how long you have been lifting.

My chest work out includes, incline dumble press 4 X 10-15 reps, decline press with bars, 3 sets with 10-15 reps and then I club the chest work out with shoulder and triceps workouts. Am I missing out some thing by not doing pushups, are they really important?

Nope they are as unimportant as it gets. As long as your hitting your chest sufficiently you don't need them for anything. Now for your training your definitely lacking by not doing a flat movement. Add in bb bench or db bench. Decline isn't all that important either. Use it as an accessory movement not a main movement. It's main purpose is to develop your lower outer pecs, dips will do this as well. I see a lot of guys doing ridiculously heavy declines, yet they can't bench to save their life and their chest is small. When I do these its always as a burnout and never below 15 reps a set with no more then 3 plates. I like to superset them with cables. But your main focus on chest should be on flat and incline press for building the chest, with declines and any fly movements for development.

My chest has always consisted of
Flat bench
Incline bench
Dips
Flys
Cables

Reps and set vary depending on goals.

Dips are far superior to decline. Only reason i see people do decline is because they can move more weight so its all about ego for them

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

i agree dips are far more superior especially weighted dips.

same way weighted pullups blow away rows.

if you want to do pushups and challenge yourself then put weight on your back when you do them. i will get my gf to stand on my back and i will rip off as many as i can.

Top Bottom