Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pushups Before Sleep?

• Good for muscles

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Bad for muscles

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Helps me sleep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Makes it difficult for me to sleep

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
lmao try doing 25 pushups, sprinting a lap, then doing 25 pushups, 25 situps, and 30 seconds of flutter kicks and repeating till you get to 2 miles. See who is the sissy then:evil:

^ This kind of high-intensity exercise is grueling. I used to do this when training Krav Maga. It was always much more fatiguing than weight training.

^ This kind of high-intensity exercise is grueling. I used to do this when training Krav Maga. It was always much more fatiguing than weight training.

I know right? I am doing this at least a few days a week now because I'm training for the army rangers and all they care about is endurance endurance endurance....although that is changing a little because with helicopters who needs to run 10 miles:p:D But yeah if anyone wants good "entertaining" cardio ideas this is what I'd recommend. Much funner than running by itself and if you can get up to 2 miles with 1:30 per 1/4 mile and 50 pushups, 50 situps, and 1:00 minute flutter kicks, after each lap, with no rests, you will be in baller shape.

also excellent is the "100 pullups" workout where you repeat:

as many pullups are you can do
max pushups in 1 minute
max situps in 1 minute
optional: run 1/4 mile 1:30

repeat till you get to 100 pullups

Of you can that without rest and get to 100 in 5 sets......you're going to be in damn good shape

I know right? I am doing this at least a few days a week now because I'm training for the army rangers and all they care about is endurance endurance endurance....although that is changing a little because with helicopters who needs to run 10 miles:p:D But yeah if anyone wants good "entertaining" cardio ideas this is what I'd recommend. Much funner than running by itself and if you can get up to 2 miles with 1:30 per 1/4 mile and 50 pushups, 50 situps, and 1:00 minute flutter kicks, after each lap, with no rests, you will be in baller shape.

also excellent is the "100 pullups" workout where you repeat:

as many pullups are you can do
max pushups in 1 minute
max situps in 1 minute
optional: run 1/4 mile 1:30

repeat till you get to 100 pullups

Of you can that without rest and get to 100 in 5 sets......you're going to be in damn good shape

That's hardcore!.
I stopped training that way in 2007 because I simply couldn't put on muscle mass with all that cardio.

That's basically all that training is. Grueling cardio.

That said, doing 5 sets of 5 with really heavy ass weight on squats and limiting your rest on sets can be absolutely BRUTAL.

There's a difference between being in a state of oxygen debt and pushing some weight that is taxing your nervous system big time while you feel like yur gonna pop a blood vessel on the last rep.

Both are hard.

Is it a good idea to perform push ups before going to bed?

Will it do any good for your muscles?

Does is make it more difficult to fall asleep?

Let's get a good discussion going on this, Bros!

You could if you want to and see if it makes a difference.

That's basically all that training is. Grueling cardio.

That said, doing 5 sets of 5 with really heavy ass weight on squats and limiting your rest on sets can be absolutely BRUTAL.

There's a difference between being in a state of oxygen debt and pushing some weight that is taxing your nervous system big time while you feel like yur gonna pop a blood vessel on the last rep.

Both are hard.

yeah both are hard, but I'm going to have to say in general anything endurance (hard runs, shit ton of pushups, etc) is harder. I've done some hard ass 20 rep squats, hard ass deadlift sets, etc, and nothing compares to a brutal cardio. With lifting the pain ends quicker and you take a rest, however short it many be. Not so with a hard run. That's why your body releases so many more endorphins during running because it needs them to get through it. I agree about the cardio though I havent been doing nearly enough but I am so worried about losing strength and mass because of it:(

yeah both are hard, but I'm going to have to say in general anything endurance (hard runs, shit ton of pushups, etc) is harder. I've done some hard ass 20 rep squats, hard ass deadlift sets, etc, and nothing compares to a brutal cardio. With lifting the pain ends quicker and you take a rest, however short it many be. Not so with a hard run. That's why your body releases so many more endorphins during running because it needs them to get through it. I agree about the cardio though I havent been doing nearly enough but I am so worried about losing strength and mass because of it:(

From your post: "I agree about the cardio though I havent been doing nearly enough but I am so worried about losing strength and mass because of it:("

If you are naturally lean then it is almost impossible to do lots of cardio and maintain muscle. But with the correct amounts of calories, rest, and AAS (if that's your thing) then you can maintain a great physique even with all the cardio.

Top Bottom