Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pushing it or takein it easy

arnoldisking

When ever I ask people about there work out routines they always have a simple little workout. 3 sets of this and that with 8-10 reps

Over working isn't a good thing but under working isn't a good thing.

Why don't people just go to the gym and pound the muscle?

Funny you say that cause as a beginner that's what I do.
Is this wrong? I try to do 3 sets of an even 10 reps. No matter the the body part in working on. I also workout 1 day on, 1 day off.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's OK for a beginner like myself right?

Droid X / Tapatalk

Routines vary... you gotta try different one and see what works best for you. Not everyones body is the same. I do hi reps in mine, my workout partner does low reps. Same exercises, same sets, different weight. But its what works for us individually that decides that. Took me a couple years to really know how my body responds best. I still switch it up here and there.

yea agree with bloke and ron, tired of telling people what i do lol most dont listen anyway. Just hit it hard, I like to hit a money set which is basically your last set and every week try to do mroe reps at that weight, or try and increase the weight for the same amount of reps.

I am bodybuilding.. if you are a strongman, MMA fighter, boxer, runner, or just a gym rat wanting to stay in shape than your workouts are gonna vary quite a bit.

i take my sets to failure... usually 10-14 reps per set, I know how much weight I need to put on to accomplish this.. now when I am doing larger muscle groups to start off like bench press or squat or pulls than I go 4-8 reps heavy, rest, then go again. when I do pushups, pullups, dips I go for heavy reps split up. like I will aim for 100 dips and split it up into 3 sets.. or 140 pushups and split it up into 4 sets.

bottom line is for me I want to rip up those muscle fibers and have them grow back stronger, and also I do want to build SOME strength, although that isn't my main objective, I just like benching more than the 6 foot guy next to me who thinks he is the shit... so i incorporate that into my workouts.. now someone who is powerlifting or doing strongman is not gonna do the same thing, they just care about strength. so everyone is different.

all I know is that it takes more than a great workout strategy to build muscle.. it takes eating good and knowing when and how to eat, it takes rest, it takes supplements, and yes unfortunately for many it takes genetics. i've seen guys at the gym bust their ass as hard as I do but go nowhere, and I've seen guys half ass their workouts and look great.

Top Bottom