Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

push ups for overweight person

I'm trying to lose weight but I'm about 40 kilos over and I'm trying to do as much physical activity as I can and push are included, my question is if doing push up at my weight can cause any damage on my shoulder or elbow tendons.

the first thing you need to do is fix your diet. until you do you will just spin your wheels

an example is going to chipotle after the gym. the amount of calories in a burrito is around 1000 calories. if you busted your ass at the gym for an hour you burned 500 calories.. see the problem here?

you need to change up how you are eating. if you insist on a burrito have 1/4 of it a day vs. eating the whole thing as you usually do

This could be indeed quite stressful for your joints and elbows. What you can do in order to make them lighter, is to put your legs on the knees, not on the feet as usual. This will make the pushups less stressful for the tendons.

Diet first then the following:

to begin with from the hips, then the knees and finally when you're ready up on the toes. But get started asap because you're gonna kick ass if you do - whereas if you don't...

I don't think there should be any issues unless you have pre-existing shoulder issues.

The main thing is just warming up properly. It might seem sort of silly to warm up for push ups but hey - it only takes a few minutes and it's better to be safe then sorry.

I would do a few sets of girl push ups to warm up and then do your regular push ups.

It will all come down to form.

The main thing when you are overweight though is your diet. Use an online TDEE calculator to determine how many calories you burn in a day. Then eat 500 less than that each day. Add exercise to that and stick to the program every single day. Consistency is key and you will lose the fat.

Top Bottom