Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push/pull workout #2

Lord_Suston

Had a pretty decent day yesterday, starting to get into the groove of things. I think the pain in my whole lower body helped me ignore the pain during the workout:)

Bent-over rows overhand grip. 4x6 195 strict with no torso movement. These are starting to feel real nice ;) up 20lbs

Flat Bench 4x6 280 Touch and go with no bounce, arch or leg drive. Pretty easy until last set, tris were getting tired
:bawling: up 15lbs

Chin-ups (palms facing me close-grip) 3x8 BW+15 went really smooth this week, full extension and squeez with almost no bi work :D up 15lbs

Incline DB's 3x8 75's Nice and easy could have went a lot higher but worked on control and stretch. up 10lbs on each arm

Pull-downs with 1 sec pause 2x12 135 went for smooth motion and pause plus closer grip to ensure more lat work up 25 lbs

Flyes machine 2x12 120 these fucking killed:mad: now I know what pain is cause the were horrible up 20lbs

Shrugs and other grip work. All in all it was a solid day weighed in at 200 flat and feeling much stronger all the time, hopefully I will be ready for poughkeepsie

Lord_Suston said:
hopefully I will be ready for poughkeepsie

good workout........ i like all the weights went up.

and what the heck is poughkeepsie???!?!?!?!?!

X

you want............. i feel ya bro........ rip that crap up!!!!!

X

A Strongman Tourney up in NY. The sponsor of this competition told me there are gonna be 11 competitiors in my class. ouch, was all I could say. So I am training hard not to come in dead last.

I still don't consider myself a Strongman yet. So my training has to be better than the guys who practice with the equipment. I have to be a lot stronger as well cause they have technique on their side. LIke the viking press I got 13 and two didin't count but I use mainly shoulders and no leg drive, I just didn't have the technique. I know that now so I am training not to come in last place

yeah you'll do fine........... your a brick house........ and you got speed from boxing.

technique is a big part of strongman though.

what are your events and weights???

X

Truck pull, not sure of the weight but I get a harness around me and get to use my legs as well. I think 100' timed

Viking press 225 for max reps, this one is gonna be tough 25 more but I will try for more leg drive and try to get the same as I got in Kentucky.

Farmer walk 150' two turns with 190lbs each hand, I am trying for a good time here but depends on the grip

Medley 550 tired flip for 50' and 350lbs sled drag for 50' I actually hope we have to run back to the sled for this one

Car lift and hold (with straps) Don't know about this one hope it is me battling against pain

you'll do well on all of those......... here is all the tips i have for you....

truck pull - stay as horizontal as possible, dont let the truck stop, and short choppy steps.

viking press - USE YOUR LEGS!!!! i know your a beast..... but you didnt use a lot of leg drive just becuase your not use to it. but if you learn to harness that you will beat the amount of reps you did with the 200lb viking.

farmers - start your turn early...... that way they dont keep swinging around when you make your turn. grip a little behind the center of the farmer..... so that they tilt down, that will make you want to go that direction faster.

medley - remember you can puke and then breathe after your done.......... its all about oxygen on that one. you dont need it, you can get some when its done.

car lift............. just remember where your location says........ standing in the middle of the storm letting your fury build........ its all about how much can you take.

X

sounds good man....dont worry bout the viking bc from what b and a few others say..his viking is harder than most so it will probably still be comparable and i doubt theres any way you'll come in last..you will kick ass.

Top Bottom