Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push-pull training? 6 days a week?

barmitsfa

[FONT=&quot]I'm very new to training but is there anything wrong with going straight into an advanced training program like training your body parts 3x a week. working out 6x a day?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If i'm going to start from a very small weight and slowly progress with it. should be fine right?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anyone recommend a program that does this style training method? I keep seeing people talk about it but I don't know exactly what written programs say it.[/FONT]

It can definitely work, it's all about effective frequency, there's a site I visit which actually did two articles on almost exactly what you're talking about here and here. The first is an actual program for beginners and the second is talking about frequency and recovery. I think they might resonate with you based on what you're looking to achieve.

[font=&amp]i'm very new to training but is there anything wrong with going straight into an advanced training program like training your body parts 3x a week. working out 6x a day?[/font]
[font=&amp]if i'm going to start from a very small weight and slowly progress with it. Should be fine right?[/font]
[font=&amp]anyone recommend a program that does this style training method? I keep seeing people talk about it but i don't know exactly what written programs say it.[/font]

no one works out 6 times a day.

When you are new to training, the best thing you can do is master the compound movements like squat, deadlift, bench press,etc. Those are the most important and will be very effective. You do not need to focus much on the isolation movements right away. Check out a 5x5 program.

When you are new to training, the best thing you can do is master the compound movements like squat, deadlift, bench press,etc. Those are the most important and will be very effective. You do not need to focus much on the isolation movements right away. Check out a 5x5 program.
I should be more clear with my questions and give more background, im not used to posting on forums.

I did a 5x5 training style for 1.5 years, about 7 years ago. Was also doing test 500-700mg per week. No pct, and an insanly long cycle. Because i was under 21 years old and we all know that brains don't typically work at that young age. Hey at least I didn't drink alcohol while i was on cycle.

I was not the only person I had about 6 other friends who were all doing bro splits, they all gained more hpertrophy than i did. Yet i had a much more muscular base than them. (they were skinny dueds and I was medium build and much stronger) I was told at the time it was because of my training style. I was also stronger then all of them but still wasnt as big. so now im thinking I want to start with a more advanced program to begin with. start from the low weights and slowly progress like I did with stronglifts 5x5. So i am fishing for some cookie cutter 6day advanced bro split. Also a bunch of fancy youtubers swear by research that it is sOOO GREAT TO DO. and im buying into it.

Thats the whole story behind the question.

there are many factors that will dictate muscle growth. one of the mistakes guys make though is over training a muscle. you will end up with soft tissue irritation and damage before you ever see muscle growth from that strategy

I will look out for that, how do you know your over training?

Top Bottom