Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

push, pull, legs routine outline

I agree Steve. When I workout I get through my sets as quick as possible. 60-90s recovery. At the end it feels like long cardio workout. My anaerobic capacity is greater than it was when I wrestled in college.

Push day. Is it wise to hit shoulder press as well as rear delt fly and side laterals? This would rack up to a lot of sets I reckon. Or should it just be bench rear delts, laterals, pec flys and maybe dips then some tricep exercises?

Push day. Is it wise to hit shoulder press as well as rear delt fly and side laterals? This would rack up to a lot of sets I reckon. Or should it just be bench rear delts, laterals, pec flys and maybe dips then some tricep exercises?

depends on your level and conditioning.

i shoot for 16-20 sets myself total per day

if you are a newb you want to start out less obviously and work your way up or you won't be able to move the next day

I converted to push pull legs today after reading into the science of why body part splits started. Because of insulin addition to steroids mostly. Did 20 sets 3 exercises each for shoulders and chest and two exercises for triceps. Felt okay, been training two years and am used to high volume for each muscle group. Would this count as too much?

Lol! Fair enough you have been on longer. I have been alive longer! Just trying to help. I think a push pull and squat program is best path to animal strength. On or off cycle. Regarding back pumps. I have gotten them very bad on cycle. I couldn't even clean 60kg was so bad. I have found that taurine and lots of hamstrings mobility work helps reduce that. I warm up my back very well before training lots of dynamic movement. I think it's a solid routine. Keep us updated on your improvement.

Sorry to bump this thread but I think it's a good discussion, I have a question I'm designing a push pull routine I have always front squatted on back day and back squatted on leg day do you think I can still use that in this routine? Ill add front squats on my pull routine following dead lifts and put the back squats on leg day. What's your thoughts?

Top Bottom