Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

push, pull, legs routine outline

Ive been doing pull / push / legs for about 6 months. Only 3 days a week though, ive never heard of people doing it 6 days a week? To me that sounds overkill.. Are all the people that do the 6 week version on gear? I cant imagine naturals getting very good mass gains from this ?

Sent from my LT15i using EliteFitness

Ive been doing pull / push / legs for about 6 months. Only 3 days a week though, ive never heard of people doing it 6 days a week? To me that sounds overkill.. Are all the people that do the 6 week version on gear? I cant imagine naturals getting very good mass gains from this ?

Sent from my LT15i using EliteFitness

You can if the recovery is good and you can handle the volume- could build up to it- ex-- I am doing fullbody workout 5x a week but I built up to the volume and frequency- plus I have time to sleep and diet is spot on- a lot of other things that come into play when you up the volume/frequency of your training.

you just need to adjust if that is what you want to do.

you could start with 4x per week.. then 5.. etc

you could lower the volume/weight and go to 4/5/6

just see what works for you and give it time..

if you double your workload/intensity overnight most likely that would not be optimal

yup its all about how heavy you go.

if you max out everytime you work out and go heavy then its gonna take your body longer to recover. when i used to do PL comps I would have zero strength the next day after my meets. hence that would require a full rest day. and then of course the day prior too you should rest.

try and do 4-6 reps even on your heavy compound lifts and don't max out often and you can go more times per week .. the idea behind push/pull/legs is you can let one set of muscles rest while you pound another set of muscles.

Hey Steve...

I see you quite ardent on getting deads on leg day.
Physiologically, what's the reason for that?

I'm almost done writing up leg day for my push/pull/leg split, and I just wanna see your ideas. I planned on doing squats on leg day, and deads on pull day, but you've stated more than once not to, and I know you know your shit.

you can do them either but the reason i do them legs is you are using a lot of your lower body when you do dead lifts... really up to you. i consider them a leg workout even though deads workout much more. just like clean and jerk, its all in the legs where you get the power.

you gotta mold your workouts to best fit you, there isn't necessarily a right or wrong way .. I'm a big believer though in mixing things up. for example if you say you do 6 sets of exercise day A, then next time you hit those same muscles switch the order of those exercises. instead of doing everything in order each time. really throws the body off. so for example instead of starting your pull day with pullups, the next time end it with pullups. also pick a machine you never used at the gym and try that instead of doing the same things over and over again. I never draw out a strategy when i go to the gym, if a machine i was gonna use is occupied then i take that as a sign to try something else instead.

you can do them either but the reason i do them legs is you are using a lot of your lower body when you do dead lifts... really up to you. i consider them a leg workout even though deads workout much more. just like clean and jerk, its all in the legs where you get the power.

you gotta mold your workouts to best fit you, there isn't necessarily a right or wrong way .. I'm a big believer though in mixing things up. for example if you say you do 6 sets of exercise day A, then next time you hit those same muscles switch the order of those exercises. instead of doing everything in order each time. really throws the body off. so for example instead of starting your pull day with pullups, the next time end it with pullups. also pick a machine you never used at the gym and try that instead of doing the same things over and over again. I never draw out a strategy when i go to the gym, if a machine i was gonna use is occupied then i take that as a sign to try something else instead.

Same concept here...I do dedz on leg day, and focus on exploding out of the hole and driving my heels into the ground...then the last couple of sets I will perform a static hold with the weight at the top of the movement to work my entire body, depending on weight I try and hold the bar for 60 seconds.

Variety is great to keep the muscles guessing...while I am on the treadmill warming up I think through my entire workout, and vision myself performing the lifts, gets me mentally focused.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

What should the rest interval be? 2 minutes?

Depends on your Rep range. Using purely the anaerobic system (lower reps1-5) it takes approximately 3 mins for your ATP system to regenerate. 2 mins should be adequate rest for higher rep ranges

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom