Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

push, pull, legs routine outline

Ok heres an idea I would like to follow, need a change up in my routine , I am an advanced trainer and enjoy higher volume training , so trying to adapt it to this style, always been a 1 bp 1 a week type of trainer

Monday : chest shoulders triceps

Low incline dumbell press 4 x 8-10
Incline flyes 3 x 10
Dips 3 x 10
Pullovers 3 x 8

Seated dumbell press 4 x 8
Side raises 3 x 10
Rear raises 3 x 10

Close grip bench press 4 x 6-8
Skull crushers 3 x 8
Rope extensions 2 x 12

Tuesday : Back biceps

Front pulldowns 4 x 8-10
Bent barbell rows 3 x 6-8
One arm dumbell rows 3 x 8
Seated rows 3 x 8-10
Deadlifts 4 x 5-6
Shrugs 3 x 12

Barebll curls 4 x 8-10
Seated dumbell curls 3 x 8

Wednesday : Legs

Squats 5 x 12-15
Front squats 4 x 10
Stiff leg deadlifts 4 x 10
Lying leg curls 3 x 10

Repeat

Sunday off , or if I feel wasted take an extra day

I don’t do front delt work as they are already very well developed after years of bench press etc. I don’t mind doing deads the squats the day after, being doing it like that for years and lower back and recovery seem fine.

Is this an ok layout for this type of program ?

I've moved my focus more onto arms, so i've added in my squats to push and have come of deadlifts for a while,
Has been working well for me. Have a specific arms day one week intense the next week more volume related.

IcE

How do you gO about your progressive overload. Do you add weight/ reps to the big lifts or all the lifts? Do you keep the weight the same for working sets or do you ramp? I'm considering my own version of this and keeping the working weights the same each set but adding a rep every workout starting with 8 reps. Also I'll probably have more than usual compound lifts.

Let me know your thoughts. Ill be doing 3 on 2 off repeat.
Push:
2 board medium grip bench
Strict OHP
DB bench (hands supinated)
DB lateral raise
Weighted dips
Decline skullcrushers

Pull:
BB Row
Weighted pullups
Shrugs
Cable Row
BB curl
Hypers

Legs:
Power squat
Romanian deadlift
Leg press
Glute ham raise
Leg extension
Calf raise

I start with 4x8 and add a rep each workout till I reach 12 reps. Then up the weights and start over. Because of this I will keep the working sets at the same weight

Ive been doing push/pull/legs for a bit now and it is great.

I might mix up the rep/weight scheme for a bit but regardless I think the work/rest routine works really well for me.

I had a workout last week after a VERY frustrating day at work. I decided to do all 3 splits in 1 workout!! I made sure to eat a good pre workout meal and then went and spent 2 hours.. it was nuts and felt great. something to try maybe once every 6 weeks.. i did legs then push then pull. it helped that there were some hot chicks that day.. what was funny is my strength stayed constant thoughout the workout.. i wasn't drained.. so its crucial at least for me to get in a good pre workout meal with a lot of clean carbs.. something like a grassfed burger with lots of lettuce on an ezekial bun with a side of brocolli and rice. i've found i dont run out of gas when i eat a good meal prior.

and doing back to back splits.. push/push back to back days is something try experiment with as well as I mentioned earlier in the thread. try that maybe once a month for the whole week. for those that juice doing this during PCT is a great way to force the muscles to grow even though you are losing that anabolism from deh juices.

so there a lot of different quirks in this split to try.

I have been loving this push,pull,legs routine. I have been playing around with adding different lifts as of late and came up with a brutal but fantastic pull day in my opinion.

Deadlift
Power cleans
Weighted pull ups
BB rows
Bb shrugs
Pull downs
Straight bar curls

I stay in the 3-5 rep range and 3 sets after warm ups. It's tough but I love it so far. Finish this up with 15mins of hiit cardio.

Top Bottom