Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

push, pull, legs routine outline

I have a question Steve. You say don't do deadlifts and squats in the same week. What about doing heavy rack pulls on back day then doing squats on leg day

i said i don't do deadlifts and squats in the same session.. if you are working out almost every day you would actually end up doing both every 4 days or so

you could do both in the same session, there are no rules.. but i prefer to be fresh for both and hard and heavy... then increase the reps and drop the weight as the session continues.

Last edited:
I actually like that idea a lot..

just crush your legs w/ squats.. rest 3-4 days and do deads.. rest 3-4 days and do squats again...

cant wait to start this on monday!!!

Thanks again for all the info Steve.

this was a great read steve. I started this type of workout tonight with push without realizing it, haha. You helped me with how to structure this, thanks.

I started this last night coming from a 5x5. Even though I got in a lot more lifts and volume it felt a lot easier than where I ended my 5x5 run. ( I could walk when leaving the gym) Please let me know what your thoughts are on the way I have it layed out. Thanks
Pull:
deadlift
weighted pull ups
BB Rows
BB Shrugs
Lat pull downs
BB curls
Hammer curls

Push: Today
Flat BB bench press
Incline DB bench press
DB Flys
DB shoulder press
Weighted Dips
Close grip bench press

Legs:
BB squats
Leg press
Leg extensions
Hamstring extensions
calf raises
weighted needsize situps

I started this last night coming from a 5x5. Even though I got in a lot more lifts and volume it felt a lot easier than where I ended my 5x5 run. ( I could walk when leaving the gym) Please let me know what your thoughts are on the way I have it layed out. Thanks
Pull:
deadlift
weighted pull ups
BB Rows
BB Shrugs
Lat pull downs
BB curls
Hammer curls

Push: Today
Flat BB bench press
Incline DB bench press
DB Flys
DB shoulder press
Weighted Dips
Close grip bench press

Legs:
BB squats
Leg press
Leg extensions
Hamstring extensions
calf raises
weighted needsize situps

excellent.. except put the deadlifts in with your leg days.

try to hit 15-18 sets per day and mix things up here and there and you will be golden on that.

I especially like the inclusion of weighted pullups and dips.. those are what separate the men from the boys. if you can hit the gym atleast 5X per week you will be dangerous with that workout.

excellent.. except put the deadlifts in with your leg days.

try to hit 15-18 sets per day and mix things up here and there and you will be golden on that.

I especially like the inclusion of weighted pullups and dips.. those are what separate the men from the boys. if you can hit the gym atleast 5X per week you will be dangerous with that workout.

Thanks Steve. I feel like this is going to be a nice break from the 5x5.

What are your thoughts of adding in power cleans somewhere in here?

i know i am not steve, but i'd throw that in on the leg day. i would rotate squats, deads, and power cleans on leg day.

Top Bottom